[JONAT-chat] Los Angeles, Trouble in Paradise

F. Ronald Rader jonat-chat@autox.team.net
Sun, 07 Mar 2004 17:25:22 -0800

--=====================_30114882==.ALT

JONAT'ers:

Los Angeles. 80 degrees at 5.00 PM, Sunday.

HISTORY. I joined both the Los Angeles and San Diego Jaguar clubs about=20
three years ago when I bought my 1967 E FHC. I have attended some events=20
but I am not a Board member.

I am also a member of the Los Angeles and San Diego Healey clubs as well as=
=20
a member of the Petersen Automotive Museum=92s Checkered Flag 200 support=
 group.

Last September I contacted the JOC (Los Angeles) by attending a board=20
meeting to describe our event and ask for the clubs support. My 20 minute=20
presentation seemed to be well received. They asked  me to write something=
=20
about the event and I did (It was published here as well).

In January I drove an hour to Fullerton to attend the board meeting (while=
=20
my wife packed for our move) to once again ask for support from the Board=20
and the Club and to get the info into the clubs Newsletter. Again I sent=20
the info via E mail to several Board members.

It seemed like the Board was behind the idea but when I received the JOC=92s=
=20
February 2004 newsletter there was no info about the event except for a=20
line in the calendar section that stated =93 Dinner / Reception at the=20
Petersen Automotive Museum for the Jaguar Owners North American Tour., May=
=20
5th, 2004.

I sent an E mail to the Club President, Newsletter Editor and the Touring=20
Director asking why my article was not published and I have not received a=
=20
response.

So=85 it is my OPINION (no facts, just my opinion) that there will not be=20
much support for this event as it passes through Los Angeles unless the=20
Sector Coordinator is a Board member of the local club.

With this in mind I suggest that those of you that are well connected=20
through JCNA might want to find another Sector co coordinator. I am more=20
than willing to turn over my extensive maps, routing and fun Rally info to=
=20
some one better connected in the local Jaguar club circles to assure a good=
=20
group through this area. Failing that I am willing to take this to an E=20
mail campaign by using all of the address that can be gather to send to the=
=20
local Jaguar folks, But I suspect the most likely candidates for the drive=
=20
and the Dinner are the local club members.

It is currently my intent to drive from Loss Angeles to Eureka with the=20
group then return back to LA>

All input, comments, or thoughts are welcome.
Ron Rader
Los Angeles

1967 E FHC (JONAT car)
1994 XJ6 (JONAT back up car)
1965 Austin Healey BJ8 (back up, back up car)

--=====================_30114882==.ALT

Los Angeles. 80 degrees at 5.00 PM, Sunday.<br><br>
<b>HISTORY.</b> I joined both the Los Angeles and San Diego Jaguar clubs
about three years ago when I bought my 1967 E FHC. I have attended some
events but I am not a Board member.<br><br>
I am also a member of the Los Angeles and San Diego Healey clubs as well
as a member of the Petersen Automotive Museum=92s Checkered Flag 200
support group.<br><br>
Last September I contacted the JOC (Los Angeles) by attending a board
meeting to describe our event and ask for the clubs support. My 20 minute
presentation seemed to be well received. They asked&nbsp; me to write
something about the event and I did (It was published here as=20
well).<br>
&nbsp;<br>
In January I drove an hour to Fullerton to attend the board meeting
(while my wife packed for our move) to once again ask for support from
the Board and the Club and to get the info into the clubs Newsletter.
Again I sent the info via E mail to several Board members.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
It seemed like the Board was behind the idea but when I received the
JOC=92s February 2004 newsletter there was no info about the event except
for a line in the calendar section that stated =93 Dinner / Reception at
the Petersen Automotive Museum for the Jaguar Owners North American
&nbsp;<br>
I sent an E mail to the Club President, Newsletter Editor and the Touring
Director asking why my article was not published and I have not received
a response. <br>
&nbsp;<br>
So=85 it is my OPINION (no facts, just my opinion) that there will not be
much support for this event as it passes through Los Angeles unless the
Sector Coordinator is a Board member of the local club.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
With this in mind I suggest that those of you that are well connected
through JCNA might want to find another Sector co coordinator. I am more
than willing to turn over my extensive maps, routing and fun Rally info
to some one better connected in the local Jaguar club circles to assure a
good group through this area. Failing that I am willing to take this to
an E mail campaign by using all of the address that can be gather to send
to the local Jaguar folks, But I suspect the most likely candidates for
the drive and the Dinner are the local club members.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
It is currently my intent to drive from Loss Angeles to Eureka with the
group then return back to LA&gt;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
All input, comments, or thoughts are welcome.<br>
Ron Rader<br>
Los Angeles<br>
&nbsp;<br>
1967 E FHC (JONAT car)<br>
1994 XJ6 (JONAT back up car)<br>
1965 Austin Healey BJ8 (back up, back up car)</font></body>