[JONAT-chat] Los Angeles, Trouble in Paradise

F. Ronald Rader jonat-chat@autox.team.net
Sun, 07 Mar 2004 21:48:55 -0800

--=====================_45925877==.ALT

Bob:
you are right.
i intended it for the SC's.

Hazel:
here is the article I sent in Oct 2003, and In January. I have not proofed=
=20
it for changes .
Thanks,
Ron

To: creigt@aol.com
From: "F. Ronald Rader" <rader@interworld.net>
Subject: JONAT 2004
Cc: Charlie_Hallums@macerich.com...snip... samuir@adelphia.net

JOC Board Members:
As I had previously promised I have enclosed an article for our publication.
the article is below and attached as a "doc".

The hope is to have the May dinner event at the Petersen Automotive Museum=
=20
in conjunction with the JONAT tour. The San Diego club is now planning on=20
being part of the route any many SD members should be driving north for at=
=20
least a few days.  Thanks
Ron Rader
So Cal coordinator JONAT 2004
www.jonat.org

=93JONAT 2004=94 tours the US and Canada

JONAT is =93Jaguar Owner=92s North American Tour=94.  This Tour is planned=
 as a=20
Jaguar road trip starting in Orlando, Florida on Friday, April 18, 2004,=20
and ending in the same spot on Sunday, July 4th, approximately 3 months=20
later after circumnavigating the continent in the process.

This idea started innocently on one of the Jaguar on-line forums. Someone=20
suggested they would like to take their new Jaguar on a road trip to check=
=20
it out.   From there it grew to a tour around the continent.

This tour is being put on by a grassroots=92 organization - which the=20
organizers believe will be the key to the success of the tour.  The Tour is=
=20
divided into twenty some =93Sectors=94, each with its own local=20
Coordinator.   The Sector Coordinators are each planning the route through=
=20
their own sector, and are coordinating with the Sector Coordinators of the=
=20
preceding and following Sectors.  JONAT currently has no affiliations with=
=20
any group, organization, or club.

This is going to be a somewhat inexpensive tour. The idea for JONAT is to=20
try to keep the costs to a minimum for participants.

The drive should be very pleasant. Each day should be no less than 120=20
miles (200 kilometers) and no more than 300 miles (480 kilometers). Each=20
day would start between 8:30 & 9:30 a.m. with no longer than 2 to 1/2 hours=
=20
between stops. A days driving should end no later than about 4:30 or 5:00=20
p.m. at recommended hotels. Each route coordinator will provide written=20
instructions and maps for the day. There will be suggestions for shopping,=
=20
snacking, meals and sights, as well as locations for sundries, food and car=
=20
parts.

The plan includes a stop once a week or so for a rest day. The Tour will=20
start and end with a formal event, and there will be many local events=20
along the route.

The Sector Coordinators will select accommodations as recommendations to=20
the participants. The participants will be responsible for making their own=
=20
reservations. Accommodations include hotels/motels, bed and breakfasts, and=
=20
campgrounds.

Each Sector, and preferably each Leg, will have a couple of recommended=20
automotive repair shops for Jaguars (modern and classic).  Also, each=20
Sector will arrange for towing services in case of problems en route.

The entire route can be seen on the map enclosed and on the JONAT web page=
=20
<http://www.jonat.com/>www.jonat.com.  The most westerly portion of the=20
trip will start in San Diego on Wednesday morning May 5, 2004 arriving in=20
Los Angeles on Wednesday night, Cinco de Mayo.  A Mexican dinner is planned=
=20
for that evening at the World famous Petersen Automotive Museum. Tours of=20
the Museum will be available that  night or you may return pre-paid the=20
next day. This dinner will also be a JOC event and open for club members=20
for dinner and a tour of the museum without having to be on the JONAT tour.=
=20
It will also be a good opportunity to meet the folks coming from other=20
places that  may have started in Orlando or along the way.

Thursday May 6, 2004, is a rest day for those touring from parts East and=20
on Friday May 7, 2004, the tour will leave Los Angeles by departing from=20
the Federal building in West LA at 8.30 AM. (Wilshire and the 405 freeway).

Ron and Debi Rader have planned a fun scavenger hunt - type rally for the=20
morning hours winding through various parts of west Los Angeles, Pacific=20
Palisades, Topanga Canyon, and the Mulholland Highway before coming down=20
into the Oxnard plains. The route will continue on surface streets wherever=
=20
possible through Ventura then skirt Santa Barbara for a trip though the=20
wine country around Los Olivos and ending that day in San Luis Obispo.

Jason Len=92s XK=92s Unlimited, will host a cocktail event and provide parts=
=20
for the long distance drivers if needed, before a casual dinner in SLO.=20
Jerry Mouton, the coordinator from the next section north, will pick up the=
=20
trip with similar routes and stops eventually arriving in San Francisco on=
=20
Monday May 10th, Portland OR on May 13th, and Vancouver on May 19th.  The=20
tour will continue east through Canada and eventually arrive in Orlando=20
(see map).

Several Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego members are planning to=20
make the trip. Some will start in LA and are planning to go a good portion=
=20
of the distance.  Ron & Debi are planning to start in Los Angeles and go to=
=20
Vancouver and then ship their car back to Los Angeles.

For further information please go first to the JONAT web page=20
(www.jonat.com) and then contact Ron Rader at=20
<mailto:Rader@interworld.net>Rader@interworld.net. We have a sign up list=20
so that the appropriate reservations can be made.
Ron Rader

At 07:05 PM 3/7/2004, Hazel  A. Beck wrote:
>Hi, Ron...Hazel here...I will be attending the JCNA Annual General Meeting=
=20
>next weekend in Long Beach...I don't have a lot of contacts with JOC, but=
=20
>I have some...I will do what I can to get some interest going...
>
>Can you resend to me your article?...also, what about television coverage=
=20
>and local newspapers?...we are going to do that in San Diego...we are also=
=20
>going to submit a notice to the "Wheels" editor of the San Diego=20
>Union-Tribune...
>
>I will be contacting Jaguar Corporate this week to make arrangements for=20
>the May 5th lunch and tour...this will be a PR opportunity for them as=
 well.

>We will publish an article in our April issues of Jaguar Tracks...it hits=
=20
>the streets around April 2nd...
>
>FYI - I attend a JOC-sponsored rally on 2/14 and everyone I talked to in=20
>their club knew about JONAT.
>
>All the work you have done to date is appreciated...hang in there...I'm=20
>looking forward to meeting you.
>
>Hazel
>San Diego - 80 degrees and sunny today!

you are right.<br>
i intended it for the SC's.<br><br>
Hazel:<br>
here is the article I sent in Oct 2003, and In January. I have not
proofed it for changes .<br>
Thanks,<br>
Ron<br>