[JONAT-chat] Suggested Journal Idea -- Photography: JONAT '04

jonat-chat@autox.team.net jonat-chat@autox.team.net
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 12:13:41 EST

-------------------------------1080494021

Organizers & Participants of JONAT '04!

Someone had mentioned a journal...and that is a good idea.  Some of the
Oregon Trail journals have been published in full to explain what life was like in
the 1800's on the trail.  Think of what one of our descendants will think 50
years from now -- travel will be advanced considerably.  They might even have a
different kind of powered ground vehicle.  It could be a very humorous read,
down the way....or at least recount the experiences of touring in 2004.  A few
participants might even be good with a sketching pencil.  A blank book
without lines in it would be best.

Also, I wanted to encourage people to think ahead to the Tour and obtaining
group digital photography at strategic landmarks along the way so we could
create a photo montage that celebrates the first, historic Tour.  This could
either be web-based, or result in a published desktop reference or brochure.  If
participants are supportive of being a part of this idea, the pixel quality
needs to be high enough to get good, crisp imagery.  3.1 is average pixel quality
-- and could be used for up to 8 X 10 enlargements, but anything bigger than
that would need to be higher pixel quality.  It takes many photographs to get a
few real good ones....publishable quality.

Christina Lilienthal
ASC Oregon
JOCO
1978 XJV12L

-------------------------------1080494021

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Organizers &amp; Participants of JONAT '04!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Someone had mentioned a journal...and that is a good idea.&nbsp; Some o=
f the Oregon Trail journals have been published in full to explain what life=
 was like in the 1800's on the trail.&nbsp; Think of what one of our descend=
ants will think 50 years from now -- travel will be advanced considerably.&n=
bsp;&nbsp;They might even have a different kind of powered ground vehicle.&n=
bsp; It could be a very humorous read, down the way....or at least recount t=
he experiences of touring in 2004.&nbsp; A few participants might even be go=
od with a sketching pencil.&nbsp;&nbsp;A blank book without lines in it woul=
d be best.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Also, I wanted to encourage people to think ahead to the Tour and obtai=
ning group digital photography at strategic landmarks along the way so we co=
uld&nbsp;create a photo montage that celebrates the first, historic Tour.&nb=
sp; This could either be web-based, or result in a published desktop referen=
ce or brochure.&nbsp; If participants are supportive of being a part of this=
 idea, the pixel quality needs to be high enough to get good, crisp imagery.=
&nbsp; 3.1 is average pixel quality -- and could be used for up to 8 X 10 en=
largements, but anything&nbsp;bigger than that would need to be higher pixel=
 quality.&nbsp; It takes many photographs to get a few real good ones....pub=
lishable quality.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Christina Lilienthal</DIV>
<DIV>ASC Oregon</DIV>