[JONAT-chat] Suggested Journal Idea -- Photography: JONAT '04

jonat-chat@autox.team.net jonat-chat@autox.team.net
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 15:51:06 EST

--part1_6f.4398fd03.2d9894ba_boundary

This tour is turning into a great excuse for buying new toys:   First we hav=
e=20
GPS locators and walkie-talkies, and now digital cameras!   I'm almost=20
wishing my cat would suffer an aneurysm...=20

This is a great idea, and I hope   everyone will participate in documenting=20
the tour.   If a digital camera is not in your budget, or you're not incline=
d=20
to learn yet another New Thing, don't be discouraged!   Jointly documenting=20=
our=20
epic experience is the important thing.   Grab a couple disposable cameras a=
t=20
Wall-Mart and make a point of using up one of them every day.   Several=20
members on our list have the ability to take your negatives and digitize the=
m.  =20
(I'll be glad to help.)

Imagine 50 years from now, people looking at our record:
"Three dollars a gallon for gas?   What's gas?"
"That's when engines weren't sealed.   You actually had to drain out all the=
=20
oil every couple thousand miles and put in fresh."
"Look at those CLOTHES."
"Gosh, what a great experience.   They got to see it before it was gone."

--

Robert MacLeay - Denver, CO
1990 VDP Majestic

In a message dated 3/28/04 10:18:33 AM, SidPacks@aol.com writes:
>=20
> Organizers & Participants of JONAT '04!
>=20
>  Someone had mentioned a journal...and that is a good idea.=A0 Some of the=
=20
> Oregon Trail journals have been published in full to explain what life was=
 like=20
> in the 1800's on the trail.=A0 Think of what one of our descendants will t=
hink=20
> 50 years from now -- travel will be advanced considerably.=A0=A0They might=
 even=20
> have a different kind of powered ground vehicle.=A0 It could be a very hum=
orous=20
> read, down the way....or at least recount the experiences of touring in=20
> 2004.=A0 A few participants might even be good with a sketching pencil.=
=A0=A0A blank=20
> book without lines in it would be best.
>=20
>  Also, I wanted to encourage people to think ahead to the Tour and obtaini=
ng=20
> group digital photography at strategic landmarks along the way so we=20
> could=A0create a photo montage that celebrates the first, historic Tour.=
=A0 This could=20
> either be web-based, or result in a published desktop reference or brochur=
e.=A0=20
> If participants are supportive of being a part of this idea, the pixel=20
> quality needs to be high enough to get good, crisp imagery.=A0 3.1 is aver=
age pixel=20
> quality -- and could be used for up to 8 X 10 enlargements, but=20
> anything=A0bigger than that would need to be higher pixel quality.=A0 It t=
akes many photographs=20
> to get a few real good ones....publishable quality.=A0
>=20
>  Christina Lilienthal
>  ASC Oregon
>  JOCO
>  1978 XJV12L

--part1_6f.4398fd03.2d9894ba_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Gen=
eva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2">This tour is turning into a great excus=
e for buying new toys:&nbsp;  First we have GPS locators and walkie-talkies,=
 and now digital cameras!&nbsp;  I'm almost wishing my cat would suffer an a=
neurysm... <BR>
<BR>
This is a great idea, and I hope&nbsp;  everyone will participate in documen=
ting the tour.&nbsp;  If a digital camera is not in your budget, or you're n=
ot inclined to learn yet another New Thing, don't be discouraged!&nbsp;  Joi=
ntly documenting our epic experience is the important thing.&nbsp;  Grab a c=
ouple disposable cameras at Wall-Mart and make a point of using up one of th=
em every day.&nbsp;  Several members on our list have the ability to take yo=
ur negatives and digitize them.&nbsp;  (I'll be glad to help.)<BR>
<BR>
Imagine 50 years from now, people looking at our record:<BR>
"Three dollars a gallon for gas?&nbsp;  What's gas?"<BR>
"That's when engines weren't sealed.&nbsp;  You actually had to drain out al=
l the oil every couple thousand miles and put in fresh."<BR>
"Look at those CLOTHES."<BR>
"Gosh, what a great experience.&nbsp;  They got to see it before it was gone=
."<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Verdana" LANG=3D"0" SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
--<BR>
<BR>
Robert MacLeay - Denver, CO<BR>
1990 VDP Majestic<BR>
Coordinator,</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" FACE=3D"Verdana" LANG=3D"0" SIZE=
=3D"2"><A HREF=3D"http://homepage.mac.com/robertmacleay/.Public/JONAT-CO/COH=
ighlights.html"> Colorado Sector</A></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"V=
erdana" LANG=3D"0" SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
Jaguar Owners North American Tour 2004 -</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" FACE=
=3D"Verdana" LANG=3D"0" SIZE=3D"2"><U> http://jonat.org</U></FONT><FONT COLO=
R=3D"#0000FF" FACE=3D"Verdana" LANG=3D"0" SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"=
2"><BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"=
2"><BR>
In a message dated 3/28/04 10:18:33 AM, SidPacks@aol.com writes:<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE CITE STYLE=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;=20=
MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px" TYPE=3D"CITE"></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#0=
00000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
Organizers &amp; Participants of JONAT '04!<BR>
<BR>
 Someone had mentioned a journal...and that is a good idea.=A0 Some of the O=
regon Trail journals have been published in full to explain what life was li=
ke in the 1800's on the trail.=A0 Think of what one of our descendants will=20=
think 50 years from now -- travel will be advanced considerably.=A0=A0They m=
ight even have a different kind of powered ground vehicle.=A0 It could be a=20=
very humorous read, down the way....or at least recount the experiences of t=
ouring in 2004.=A0 A few participants might even be good with a sketching pe=
ncil.=A0=A0A blank book without lines in it would be best.<BR>
<BR>
 Also, I wanted to encourage people to think ahead to the Tour and obtaining=
 group digital photography at strategic landmarks along the way so we could=
=A0create a photo montage that celebrates the first, historic Tour.=A0 This=20=
could either be web-based, or result in a published desktop reference or bro=
chure.=A0 If participants are supportive of being a part of this idea, the p=
ixel quality needs to be high enough to get good, crisp imagery.=A0 3.1 is a=
verage pixel quality -- and could be used for up to 8 X 10 enlargements, but=
 anything=A0bigger than that would need to be higher pixel quality.=A0 It ta=
kes many photographs to get a few real good ones....publishable quality.=A0<=

<BR>
 Christina Lilienthal<BR>
 ASC Oregon<BR>
 JOCO<BR>
 1978 XJV12L<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSE=
RIF" SIZE=3D"2"></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SAN=
SSERIF" SIZE=3D"2"></FONT></HTML>
--part1_6f.4398fd03.2d9894ba_boundary--