[JONAT-chat] Calgary sector plans

craig talbot jonat-chat@autox.team.net
Sat, 22 May 2004 21:01:20 -0600

The time is close for the Calgary sector of the Jaguar Owners North
American Tour to begin. I participated in the San Francisco sector, and
a great time was had by all the participants so I hope to carry that on
to the Calgary sector. Our sector will begin in Golden BC, on May 26 and
move as follows:

May 26  Leave Golden, BC - Arrive Jasper

May 27 - Leave Jasper  Arrive Banff

May 28  Leave Banff  Arrive Calgary

May 29  Leave Calgary  Arrive Drumheller

May 30  Leave Drumheller  Arrive Cypress Hills, Saskatchewan

The hotels that we have made special rates at are the following:

Jasper - Chateau Jasper - $129,
mailto:groupreservations@decorehotels.com, http://www.decorehotels.com/,
780-852-4987

Banff - the Ptarmigan and Caribou Inns - $105,
http://www.bestofbanff.com/, ptrudeau@bestofbanff.com, 800-563- 8764

Calgary  The Delta Hotel - $89 (403)266-1980, or 1-800-268-1133
address: 209 4 ave SE

Drumheller - The Drumheller Travelodge  - $85 single/$90 double
(403)823-5302 address: 101 Grove Place,
Drumheller, AB

The local dealer, Jaguar of Calgary is hosting an open house for us on
the afternoon of May 28, so we'll be able to look at the new cars, and
maybe have a poke in the workshops.

I'm planning to have this sector of the tour be fairly gentle driving,
as we will be going through some spectacular scenery. We may be driving
in convoy, but feel free to pull over and take pictures or look at
things that interest you along the way. For the most part, there is only
one road, so you can't get lost!

I will be printing route map packages and distributing them to each
participant at the start. In the San Francisco sector the group stayed
together and we did drive together, and we were small enough that we all
ate together for lunch and dinner. I'll leave this up to the group and
see how the dynamics work, but there is certainly no obligation to stay
with the rest of the group if a particular restaurant catches your
fancy.

One thing that was very handy was for each car to have an FRS radio,
that way we were able to call out obstructions ahead, like cyclists on
narrow roads, or keep the group in the right direction when we got
separated at traffic lights.

I hope I've covered all the bases, but of you have any questions drop me
a line at talbotc@telus.net.

Regards,
Craig