[JONAT-chat] Re: Jonat-chat digest, Vol 1 #186 - 1 msg

jonat-chat@autox.team.net jonat-chat@autox.team.net
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 21:40:08 EST

Hello Barry -- Thank you for telling me about your interest in the tour Bill
Smith and I are planning.  We are calling it "The Golden Leaf Tour" and have
tentatively set the weekend of Sept. 30, Oct. 1 and 2, 2005, for the event that
will tour the Rogue-Umpqua National Scenic Byway and also take in Crater Lake
National Park.

Bill and Laverne drove it recently with the tour in mind and I am familiar
with the area.  We hope to plan a wonderful experience for people -- and may
suggest pre-tour and post-tour activities and sights in the area which people
might like to see so they can have an extended vacation if they want.  Both the
Rogue and Umpqua Valleys are known for their wineries -- and the Wildlife
Safari is a major attraction.  If you would like some more insight into the area,
there is a brochure with lots of photos of the scenic byway posted on the web
at:  http://www.or.blm.gov/roseburg/Rec/ScenicByway/index.html

I will keep you informed as plans solidify -- we have a timeline layed out to
alert people about the event.  The 2005 Golden Leaf Tour should be beautiful,
fun and memorable.

Christina Lilienthal
Oregon
1978 XJV12L