[JONAT-chat] Re: Jonat-chat digest, Vol 1 #183 - 1 msg

jonat-chat@autox.team.net jonat-chat@autox.team.net
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 14:21:13 EDT

I haven't seen anything come across the netwaves since your entry on the tour
in England.

I thought I would mention, though, that since the JONAT trip, Bill Smith and
I have agreed to plan a car tour on the Rogue-Umpqua National Scenic Byway in
Southwestern Oregon,  We'll swing through Crater Lake National Park, as well,
and drive around the rim, which is like being on the top of the world.  In
fact, we'll be getting together tomorrow to begin strategizing on what we'd like
to accomplish and how long the trip should be.  It is going to be gorgeous
because we'd like to do it about a year from now when the fall color is starting
to change in the mountains, but before the rain and snow set in.

We are planning for just Jaguars, but Bill said some of the JOCO people had
suggested inviting some Ferrari folks.  We'll see.  We have to be careful of
too much competition out there on the road (psychological or otherwise) because
it is a twisty, windy, son-of-a-gun and the two national wild & scenic rivers
are very willing to drink in any car that gets close.  So we'll need to
discuss this a little more. (grin)  Too bad you live so far away, Bob -- you would
enjoy this.  Oregon is one of the most beautiful states in the Union, having
equal the number of scenic byways as Colorado and more than the other
States...so people here love to drive.

I already sent you a message about how much I enjoyed your slide show -- you
had some knock-out photography included.  Appreciate your sharing.

Christina Lilienthal
Oregon ASC
1978 XJV12L