[JONAT-chat] Re: Jonat-chat digest, Vol 1 #194 - Barrett-Jackson Car Auction

jonat-chat@autox.team.net jonat-chat@autox.team.net
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:44:37 EST

Hello Guys -- Nice to know Sideways is worth seeing -- I saw some previews
and haven't made it yet.  I can tell you that The Aviator was terrific.  Wanted
to let you know that I'm watching the Barrett-Jackson Car Auction tonight and
just saw a 1954 Jag XK120 go through for $75,000.  They were pointing out the
brass plate that was mounted on the glovebox that verified it had been driven
at a certain speed by Norman Dewes (sp?).  So far the highest seller at the
auction was an authentic 1964 Dodge Hemi that sold for $172,500... apparently
one of the original 80 cars that was built.  Anyway -- back to the
auction...it's like eye candy watching those beauties go through -- rather like appraising
racehorses...ha!

Christina Lilienthal
Oregon