[JONAT] Jaguar or Jag plus others? - Marques

Dr Gregory Andrachuk jonat@autox.team.net
Sun Apr 27 11:39:01 2003

Barry has said, better than I have, my own feelings on this. We could be
faced with groups of unmanageable size in some segments if this is open to
all British cars. (There will be, for example, more than 500 British cars at
the Van Dusen show in Vancouver which will be a cornerstone of the tour.
Suppose just a portion of these thought they would join the Vancouver to
Calgary segment?).
  Now that some English car groups have been asked to help, there is a
problem to be worked out. Perhaps in these cases, they could be "honourary"
participants, without extending such an invitation beyond them.
                                Gregory
----- Original Message -----
From: "Barry La Pointe" <blapointe@shaw.ca>
To: <jonat@autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2003 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: [JONAT] Jaguar or Jag plus others? - Marques

: My feeling on this is that it should be restricted to Jaguars only. The
name
: defines this and it adds a level of intrigue for the people who will see
the
: tour passing through their towns. I am sure that there are plenty of
British
: Car enthusiasts that would love to join the Tour but will also understand
: that it is for Jaguars only. Also keep in mind how large this tour could
: become is all marques are permited. It may turn from an enjoyable event to
: one that taxes the mind and resources of the those organizing it.
: Barry La Pointe
: 72 E-Type V12