[JONAT] SECTOR ROUTES

Dr Gregory Andrachuk jonat@autox.team.net
Wed May 7 23:56:01 2003

--Boundary_(ID_Vu+skoR/HVYsykI9K2INzw)

Barry: that sounds great. Packing my bags already.=20
    Do we have any information about hotels in general: I mean any chain =
discounts?
                                                                    =
Gregory
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Barry La Pointe=20
  To: jonat@autox.team.net=20
  Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 9:33 PM
  Subject: Re: [JONAT] SECTOR ROUTES

  Hello everyone. I guess it is about time that I set forth what I feel =
would be an interesting route thru the Okanagan Valley to Golden B.C. I =
looks like I will pick up the group from Greg at the ABFM in Vancouver.=20

  Day 1: The drive out to Hope is fast or slow (if you drive slow which =
I find hard to believe of any Jaguar owner). The route then will split =
and you can chose either the southern route along Highway 3 and 3A to =
Penticton, a nice drive but you will miss the rugged beauty of the =
Fraser Canyon (Hwy 1). The southern route is basically flat as it =
follows a river valley. If you chose to travel up Highway 1 we will pass =
thru some spectacular vistas of canyon walls plunging down into the =
Fraser River, the road is part of the Trans-Canada highway so there is =
no problem with rough surfaces. At Spences Bridge we will head East on =
Hwy 8 , another scenic drive up to Meritt. We will then go south on Hwy =
5A to Princeton a bit of a windy road where you can "let it out" and =
have some fun, then onto Hwy 3 then 3A to Penticton. There are several =
Hotels available along the beach (Names and rates to follow). You can =
select either route and it will get you to the same destination. The =
long route will be about 2 hours longer.

  Day 2: A liesurely drive from Penticton to Vernon with stops at a =
couple of "Cottage Wineries" to do some sampling and pick up you =
favourite variety. We will pass alongside of several large lakes on the =
way to Kelowna and north to Vernon. There are several secondary roads =
that you can chose if you want to get off the main Hwy.Vernon also has =
several fine hotels with varying prices.

  Day 3: We leave Vernon and procede along Hwy 97 to Sicamous =
(pronounced..sick-a-moose) don't ask why. Again we will be travelling =
beside some beautiful lakes. At Sick-a-moose we join other travellers =
(probably not in Jaguars) on Hwy #1. We will then procede to Golden =
travelling across the Monashee Mountain Range, Rogers Pass and then to =
the Rockies in Golden. This will be a scenic trip as the mountain tops =
will probably still be covered in snow. Golden is where we will overnite =
and  Craig will meet us for the Calgary leg.

  I hope that I am allowed to use up 3 days for this leg as there is a =
lot of breathtaking scenery along the way. I will be accompanying the =
group that decides to travel the longer route on Day 1, as I have =
travelled this route many times. There will also be Jag mechanics on =
call for the leg, should the need arise. I still have to find asuitable =
Map site to lay this out. Map Quest seems to cater to the USA road =
system. Any suggestions, Bob..

  Barry La Pointe
  '72 E-Type V12
  Jaguar Owner's North American Tour (JONAT)
  Route Coordinator (Okanagan Valley, BC)

    ----- Original Message -----=20