[JONAT] Re: Mail Hell

Jamie - JONAT jonat@autox.team.net
Fri May 9 13:31:02 2003

------=_NextPart_000_0293_01C31626.80C26E20

Hi Robert.  I got your message, but I assume it came via the "jamie @ =
jonat.org" as I believe Bob is the recipient of the "mailman-owner @ =
autox.team.net" and obviously "engl@ yadda, yadda".

These are strange problems.  I have not heard anyone else reporting =
this, but then how many others are using a MAC?  This I do not know.

Have you been getting the "jonat @ autox.team.net" emails?  As you can =
see, I've cc'd this note to verify if the 'jonat@ auto ...' is working =
for you.

Let us know,

Jamie Duffey - Everett, WA
88 Series III V12 VdP - Roxanne
Jaguar Owner's North American Tour - http://jonat.org
April 15, 2004 - July 4, 2004

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: RMac@aol.com=20
  To: engl@jonat.org ; mailman-owner@autox.team.net ; jamie@jonat.org=20
  Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 10:22 AM
  Subject: Mail Hell

  I signed up originally using my main e-mail account, RMac@aol.com, but =
had trouble with mail from JONAT being refused or delayed in delivery to =
my account.  Eventually, I was assigned a JONAT account, and several =
days after that someone asked me why I was not using it.  I was not =
because the announcement of same was one of the messages which was lost. =
=20

  I started using my JONAT account and all was OK from March 30 onwards.

  Several days ago, the mail server for JONAT began refusing to accept =
mail from me, although I was was still able to receive it.  The usual =
message is =E2=80=9CThe server returned the following error: Invalid =
userid/password.=E2=80=9D  I sometimes received =E2=80=9CA message in =
your Outbox could not be sent using account "JONAT."  The server did not =
recognize the recipients or the server refuses to allow you to send =
mail.  not local host autox.team.net, not a gateway.=E2=80=9D

  Then, on May 7, my ability to SEND mail was briefly restored.  I sent =
two messages.  By the end of the day, my ability to both send and =
receive was lost.

  All of this was using Microsoft Entourage, my preferred mail program.  =
During this time, I continued to be able to send and receive mail =
through the other account I use Entourage for, robertmacleay@mac.com.

  I went so far as to delete my JONAT account from Entourage, erase my =
application preferences, and re-enter all the JONAT account information. =
 Still no good.

  Thursday May 8, I COPIED the futile settings out of Entourage and =
entered them into an alternate e-mail program, Apple Mail.  I was now =
able to send and receive JONAT e-mail!  Hooray! =20

  This morning, May 9, Apple Mail is reporting the same errors as =
Entourage, and I am once again incommunicado.=20

  PLEASE RESPOND SO I KNOW WHETHER THIS MESSAGE GOT THROUGH!
  --=20

  Robert MacLeay  -  Denver, CO
  1990 VDP Majestic
  Colorado Sector Coordinator
  Jaguar Owners North American Tour 2004  -  http://jonat.org

------=_NextPart_000_0293_01C31626.80C26E20

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman" =
bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi Robert.&nbsp; I got your message, =
but I assume=20
it came via the "jamie @ jonat.org" as I believe Bob is the recipient of =
the=20
"mailman-owner @ autox.team.net" and obviously "engl@ yadda,=20
yadda".</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>These are strange problems.&nbsp; I =
have not heard=20
anyone else reporting this, but then how many others are using a =
MAC?&nbsp; This=20
I do not know.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Have you been getting the "jonat @ =
autox.team.net"=20
emails?&nbsp; As you can see, I've cc'd this note to verify if the =
'jonat@ auto=20
...' is working for you.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Let us know,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jamie Duffey - Everett, WA<BR>88 Series III V12 VdP - =
Roxanne<BR>Jaguar=20
Owner's North American Tour - <A=20
href=3D"http://jonat.org">http://jonat.org</A><BR>April 15, 2004 - July =
4,=20
2004<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3DRMac@aol.com href=3D"mailto:RMac@aol.com">RMac@aol.com</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=3Dengl@jonat.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:engl@jonat.org">engl@jonat.org</A> ; <A=20
  title=3Dmailman-owner@autox.team.net=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:mailman-owner@autox.team.net">mailman-owner@autox.team.net=
</A> ;=20
  <A title=3Djamie@jonat.org =
href=3D"mailto:jamie@jonat.org">jamie@jonat.org</A>=20
  </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Friday, May 09, 2003 =
10:22 AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Mail Hell</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT lang=3D0 =
face=3DVerdana=20
  color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I signed up originally using my main e-mail =
account, <A=20
  href=3D"mailto:RMac@aol.com">RMac@aol.com</A>, but had trouble with =
mail from=20
  JONAT being refused or delayed in delivery to my account.&nbsp; =
Eventually, I=20
  was assigned a JONAT account, and several days after that someone =
asked me why=20
  I was not using it.&nbsp; I was not because the announcement of same =
was one=20
  of the messages which was lost.&nbsp; <BR><BR>I started using my JONAT =
account=20
  and all was OK from March 30 onwards.<BR><BR>Several days ago, the =
mail server=20
  for JONAT began refusing to accept mail from me, although I was was =
still able=20
  to receive it.&nbsp; The usual message is =E2=80=9CThe server returned =
the following=20
  error: Invalid userid/password.=E2=80=9D&nbsp; I sometimes received =
=E2=80=9CA message in your=20
  Outbox could not be sent using account "JONAT."&nbsp; The server did =
not=20
  recognize the recipients or the server refuses to allow you to send=20
  mail.&nbsp; not local host autox.team.net, not a =
gateway.=E2=80=9D<BR><BR>Then, on May=20
  7, my ability to SEND mail was briefly restored.&nbsp; I sent two=20
  messages.&nbsp; By the end of the day, my ability to both send and =
receive was=20
  lost.<BR><BR>All of this was using Microsoft Entourage, my preferred =
mail=20
  program.&nbsp; During this time, I continued to be able to send and =
receive=20
  mail through the other account I use Entourage for,=20
  robertmacleay@mac.com.<BR><BR>I went so far as to delete my JONAT =
account from=20
  Entourage, erase my application preferences, and re-enter all the =
JONAT=20
  account information.&nbsp; Still no good.<BR><BR>Thursday May 8, I =
COPIED the=20
  futile settings out of Entourage and entered them into an alternate =
e-mail=20
  program, Apple Mail.&nbsp; I was now able to send and receive JONAT=20
  e-mail!&nbsp; Hooray!&nbsp; <BR><BR>This morning, May 9, Apple Mail is =

  reporting the same errors as Entourage, and I am once again =
incommunicado.=20
  <BR><BR>PLEASE RESPOND SO I KNOW WHETHER THIS MESSAGE GOT =
THROUGH!<BR>--=20
  <BR><BR>Robert MacLeay&nbsp; -&nbsp; Denver, CO<BR>1990 VDP=20
  Majestic<BR>Colorado Sector Coordinator<BR>Jaguar Owners North =
American Tour=20
  2004&nbsp; -&nbsp; http://jonat.org<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT><FONT =
face=3DGeneva=20
color=3D#000000 size=3D2 =
FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF"></FONT></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0293_01C31626.80C26E20--