[JONAT] SECTOR ROUTES

jonat@autox.team.net jonat@autox.team.net
Sat May 10 15:27:02 2003

--part1_167.1fffa88e.2beda88b_boundary

on 5/6/03 8:58 PM, Jamie - JONAT at jamie@jonat.org wrote:

I am now thinking that setting a stopping point each night is a bit anal and=
=20
ludicrous.   If we have a main starting point and time at the beginning and=20=
a=20
main stopping point or gathering location at the end of a Sector (agreed to=20
by the following Sector for their starting point), this should do the trick.=
 =20
 Along the way we can of course have a "suggested route" with suggested stop=
s=20
of interest listed.   These stops could be a regular listing on the main web=
=20
page for that particular Sector (perhaps with their own maps showing=20
how/where from the "suggested routing" and at what point to "divert".   Alon=
g=20
with the original idea of suggested lodging, eateries, fuel stops, mechanica=
l=20
services and parts, all these can feed from that web page.

Let us add car washes to that list!

On the subject of stopping points, while I agree on refraining from=20
over-regimentation, every sector, if only for planning purposes, should have=
=20
a master plan with all lodging, driving, sightseeing, and feeding laid out i=
n=20
excruciating detail.   This will keep us planners honest, and help promote=20
domestic tranquility by allowing for =E2=80=9Creal life=E2=80=9D touring.=20

Also, on the subject of optional lodging points, consider that many people=20
will be faced with the chore of making reservations for a lot of nights. Let=
=20
us make planning as easy as possible for them.   Additionally, we have been=20
hoping to negotiate special group rates, which will help keep people=E2=80=
=99s=20
expenses down an/or allow them to spend more days on the road.

So... How many weeks are we going to add to the tour?   ;0

--=20

Robert MacLeay   -   Denver, CO
1990 VDP Majestic
Colorado Sector Coordinator
Jaguar Owners North American Tour 2004   -   http://jonat.org

P.S.: Will we host an official =E2=80=9C6,000 mile oil change=E2=80=9D event=
 at the half way=20
mark?
          This would be a great sponsorship opportunity for some oil company=
!

--part1_167.1fffa88e.2beda88b_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Verdana"=20=
LANG=3D"0" SIZE=3D"2">on 5/6/03 8:58 PM, Jamie - JONAT at jamie@jonat.org wr=
ote:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Arial" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"1=
">I am now thinking that setting a stopping point each night is a bit anal a=
nd ludicrous.&nbsp;  If we have a main starting point and time at the beginn=
ing and a main stopping point or gathering location at the end of a Sector (=
agreed to by the following Sector for their starting point), this should do=20=
the trick.&nbsp;  Along the way we can of course have a "suggested route" wi=
th suggested stops of interest listed.&nbsp;  These stops could be a regular=
 listing on the main web page for that particular Sector (perhaps with their=
 own maps showing how/where from the "suggested routing" and at what point t=
o "divert".&nbsp;  Along with the original idea of suggested lodging, eateri=
es, fuel stops, mechanical services and parts, all these can feed from that=20=
web page.<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Verdana" LANG=3D"0" SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
Let us add car washes to that list!<BR>
<BR>
On the subject of stopping points, while I agree on refraining from over-reg=
imentation, every sector, if only for planning purposes, should have a maste=
r plan with all lodging, driving, sightseeing, and feeding laid out in excru=
ciating detail.&nbsp;  This will keep us planners honest, and help promote d=
omestic tranquility by allowing for =E2=80=9Creal life=E2=80=9D touring. <BR=

<BR>
Also, on the subject of optional lodging points, consider that many people w=
ill be faced with the chore of making reservations for a lot of nights. Let=20=
us make planning as easy as possible for them.&nbsp;  Additionally, we have=20=
been hoping to negotiate special group rates, which will help keep people=
=E2=80=99s expenses down an/or allow them to spend more days on the road.<BR=

<BR>
So... How many weeks are we going to add to the tour?&nbsp;  ;0<BR>
<BR>
-- <BR>
<BR>
Robert MacLeay&nbsp;  -&nbsp;  Denver, CO<BR>
1990 VDP Majestic<BR>
Colorado Sector Coordinator<BR>
Jaguar Owners North American Tour 2004&nbsp;  -&nbsp;  http://jonat.org<BR>
<BR>
P.S.: Will we host an official =E2=80=9C6,000 mile oil change=E2=80=9D event=
 at the half way mark?<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;  This would be a great spon=
sorship opportunity for some oil company!<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"=
2"></FONT></HTML>
--part1_167.1fffa88e.2beda88b_boundary--