[JONAT] Support

Mark Stephenson jonat@autox.team.net
Mon May 12 00:44:05 2003

That would be excellent. We're just coming off huge support for the CC, so I
don't think I'd hit them up right away. Besides, we should get our projected
finances in order first, so we have an idea of what we should be asking for.

Keep in mind that AAA doesn't own any tow trucks AFAIK. They just contract
with local towing companies to aid stranded travelers. I don't think you'll
get one of them to give up a truck for two months to circle the continent
unless someone pays them big bucks.

Perhaps one of the auto transport companies would be an option, especially
if they could pick up and drop off paying customers' cars along the route.

Otherwise, I think we'd be better off finding someone who owns a truck and
trailer who has the time to take the trip. It would be cheaper for us to
cover their expenses including food, lodging, and something reasonable per
mile, like $.50 for truck and trailer. That could easily top $5000, so it's
something we need to plan for and figure in to our contribution requests.

In other words, we need to do what I suggested in my last e-mail: brainstorm
ideas, prioritize them, obtain funding, then determine what we can do based
on the contributions we'll have.

Mark Stephenson, Sector Coordinator - Arizona
Jaguar Owners North American Tour (www.jonat.org)
April 15 - July 4, 2004