[JONAT] FW: 2004 Fun Run

Mark Stephenson jonat@autox.team.net
Thu May 22 01:38:01 2003

I received this confirmation of the dates of the Route 66 Fun Run, below. We
almost have it planned right.

Here are some write-ups of this past year's events:

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/azcougarclub/Events/Rt66FunRun02/picture
s_from_the_2002_route_66_.htm (Sorry, you'll probably have to piece that one
together.)

http://www.carsandpartscorvette.com/Features/042002/042002_rt66.asp

http://www.cart66pf.org/66caravan/roadlog06.htm

Here is a schedule of events from this year's event:
http://www.route66giftshop.com/happenins.html

Now that brings me to an important point. Someone has changed the dates on
the itinerary, I think. We are coming off a long run from Kayenta to
Williams, especially when you consider that we'll probably take a few hours
at the Grand Canyon, perhaps even eat dinner there and make a twilight run
to Williams. A couple short drives would be nice, particularly since there
will be a lot to do on the Fun Run. I had originally planned for two days on
the Fun Run because as you can see from the schedule, there are things to do
along the road both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday is the big night in
Kingman.

Somehow that got changed (or I didn't notice it before) so that we are doing
the entire run in one day. You'll probably lose a lot of us (me, for one)
who will stay overnight in Kingman and then head to the end of the Fun Run
and Lake Havasu on Sunday. I've never been on the Fun Run, but based on the
write-ups, and first hand accounts from past years, I think JONATers will be
disappointed, if they miss Saturday in Kingman, too.

It would be really good if we could add that day back in.

I've asked Laura a few more questions about the schedule and accommodations
and I'll pass that along when I receive it.

Mark Stephenson, Sector Coordinator - Arizona
Jaguar Owners North American Tour (www.jonat.org)
April 15 - July 4, 2004
Visit the Pub for route discussions