[JONAT] Sector Map Updates

jonat@autox.team.net jonat@autox.team.net
Wed May 28 13:50:01 2003

--part1_25.39752be2.2c066b96_boundary

I've been robbed!

I lost a day in your last revision, between the May 9 and May 26 revisions.

You're absolutely right about long days, and I was looking forward to=20
spreading out the Sector.

At the moment my route sub-sections are:
Golden (Denver) to Georgetown
Georgetown to Leadville
Leadville to Gunnison
Gunnison to Montrose
Montrose to Durango
Durango to Kayenta

These total 546 miles, which MapQuest estimates as taking 14 hours.  =20
There is NO allowance built in for stopping for sightseeing or meals.
I really need, as you suspect, three days from the time we leave Denver.  =20
This would still average 180 miles/five hours travel per day.   If an averag=
e of=20
36 mph seems slow, remember that we are crossing the Continental Divide thre=
e=20
times, and traveling two lane roads almost all the way.   There are six=20
mountain passes over 10,000 feet on the route.   We aren't in Kansas, anymor=
e=20
(really!)

My current thinking is that I would LIKE to have overnights in Golden,=20
Gunnison, and Mesa Verde N.P.   Mesa Verde is a half hour west of Durango, a=
nd a=20
major historical site.   I can see us staying at the lodge insdie the park,=20=
and=20
taking a 3 hour guided tour before lunch, then on to Four Corners and Kayent=
a.=20

--=20

Robert MacLeay   -   Denver, CO
1990 VDP Majestic
Colorado Sector Coordinator
Jaguar Owners North American Tour 2004   -   http://jonat.org

In a message dated 5/26/03 10:32:06 PM, engl@jonat.org writes:
>=20
> - Robert, I'd like you to take a look at the timing through your Sector.
> You've got three quite long days there, and perhaps it might be in order t=
> add another day to your sector.=A0 (Note that this will mean everyone upst=
ream
> will have their days moved back a day).
>=20

--part1_25.39752be2.2c066b96_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Verdana"=20=
LANG=3D"0" SIZE=3D"2">I've been robbed!<BR>
<BR>
I lost a day in your last revision, between the May 9 and May 26 revisions.<=

<BR>
You're absolutely right about long days, and I was looking forward to spread=
ing out the Sector.<BR>
<BR>
At the moment my route sub-sections are:<BR>
Golden (Denver) to Georgetown<BR>
Georgetown to Leadville<BR>
Leadville to Gunnison<BR>
Gunnison to Montrose<BR>
Montrose to Durango<BR>
Durango to Kayenta<BR>
<BR>
These total 546 miles, which MapQuest estimates as taking 14 hours.&nbsp;  <=

There is NO allowance built in for stopping for sightseeing or meals.<BR>
I really need, as you suspect, three days from the time we leave Denver.&nbs=
p;  This would still average 180 miles/five hours travel per day.&nbsp;  If=20=
an average of 36 mph seems slow, remember that we are crossing the Continent=
al Divide three times, and traveling two lane roads almost all the way.&nbsp=
;  There are six mountain passes over 10,000 feet on the route.&nbsp;  We ar=
en't in Kansas, anymore (really!)<BR>
<BR>
My current thinking is that I would LIKE to have overnights in Golden, Gunni=
son, and Mesa Verde N.P.&nbsp;  Mesa Verde is a half hour west of Durango, a=
nd a major historical site.&nbsp;  I can see us staying at the lodge insdie=20=
the park, and taking a 3 hour guided tour before lunch, then on to Four Corn=
ers and Kayenta. <BR>
<BR>
-- <BR>
<BR>
Robert MacLeay&nbsp;  -&nbsp;  Denver, CO<BR>
1990 VDP Majestic<BR>
Colorado Sector Coordinator<BR>
Jaguar Owners North American Tour 2004&nbsp;  -&nbsp;  http://jonat.org<BR>
<BR>
In a message dated 5/26/03 10:32:06 PM, engl@jonat.org writes:<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE CITE STYLE=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;=20=
MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px" TYPE=3D"CITE"></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#0=
00000" FACE=3D"Verdana" LANG=3D"0" SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
- Robert, I'd like you to take a look at the timing through your Sector.<BR>
You've got three quite long days there, and perhaps it might be in order to<=

add another day to your sector.=A0 (Note that this will mean everyone upstre=
am<BR>
will have their days moved back a day).<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Verdana" LANG=3D"0" SIZE=
=3D"2"><BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Verdana" LANG=3D"0" SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"=
2"></FONT></HTML>
--part1_25.39752be2.2c066b96_boundary--