[JONAT] Tentative San Diego Sector Route

F. Ronald Rader jonat@autox.team.net
Thu Nov 13 01:01:01 2003

--=====================_2602532==.ALT

I am fine with the SD folks planning the route into west LA.
perhaps you could enlists some of the OC folks.
Bill Rooklidge comes to mind.
the final destination should be near the 10 & 405 with the exact location
still TBD.
ron

At 08:38 PM 11/12/2003, Bob wrote:
>Hazel
>
>I've updated the route and handoff point to the LA Sector per your note
>(assuming moving the handoff to Irvine is OK by Ron).  The computer picked
>the route, and is definitely not the back roads you mentioned, so just let
>me know the correct route and I'll update again when I get a chance..
>

>Bob England
>'69 E-Type & '72 XJ6
>Jaguar Owner's North American Tour (JONAT)
>Route Coordinator
><http://www.jonat.org/>http://www.jonat.org

--=====================_2602532==.ALT

LA.<br>
perhaps you could enlists some of the OC folks.<br>
Bill Rooklidge comes to mind.<br>
the final destination should be near the 10 &amp; 405 with the exact
location still TBD.<br>
ron<br><br>
At 08:38 PM 11/12/2003, Bob wrote:<br>
and handoff point to the LA Sector per your note (assuming moving the
handoff to Irvine is OK by Ron).&nbsp; The computer picked the route, and
is definitely not the back roads you mentioned, so just let me know the
correct route and I'll update again when I get a chance..<br>
XJ6<br>
Jaguar Owner's North American Tour (JONAT)<br>
Route Coordinator<br>
Message-----<br><br>
Ron...hope that you had a good weekend.<br>
State 400 this weekend and spent some time with some of my JONAT
Committee members...here is what we are thinking:<br>
Monday<br>
- Hand-off from Mark (AZ Sector)<br>
- Drive out of Lake Havasu City<br>
- Lunch TBD<br>
- Dinner at a winery - Temecula, CA (our version of Napa Valley)<br>
- Overnight lodging in Temecula<br>
Tuesday<br>
- Drive from Temecula to San Diego (1 hour)<br>
- This is basically a fun, 'out of the cars' day.<br>
- Lunch on the waterfront, followed by a Hornblower cruise of the San
Diego Bay?<br>
- Dinner in Old Town?&nbsp; Lodging in San Diego (Old Town?)<br>
Wednesday<br>
- Drive to Jaguar North American Headquarters in Irvine, CA<br>
- Lunch and tour<br>
- Hand-off to Ron (LA sector)<br>
- Drive to LA<br>
- Dinner at the Petersen Museum<br>
this weekend was mostly back roads and was fun...we think we can limit
the time on the Interstates...we just have to be mindful of getting
across the desert...the Salton Sea is like a ghost town...just went
through there Saturday...NOT worth bringing the tour in...Monday would be
an early day with a lot of road action...Tuesday would be the more
relaxing day.<br>
you think so far.<br>