[JONAT] Hotels:

Jerry Mouton jonat@autox.team.net
Sun Oct 19 08:35:01 2003

      Jaguar Owner's North American Tour - http://jonat.org
      April 15, 2004 - July 4, 2004

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: F. Ronald Rader=20
  To: jonat@autox.team.net=20
  Cc: jonat@autox.team.net=20
  Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2003 11:18 PM
  Subject: [JONAT] Hotels:

  At 06:40 PM 10/18/2003, Jerry Mouton wrote:

  I was planning on finding mid range hotel(s) in west LA and in SLO.

  the assumption was that before the start of the event would we get a =
group rate and we would have the JONAT hotel for west Los Angeles. =
People could make their own reservation and get the group rate. This =
would also be where one could expect to find the largest number of JONAT =
participants each morning.  A place for spare parts and expertise.

  Although there would be no obligation for anyone to stay there, it =
would make the most sense. Jerry and I have stayed at the hotel in SLO. =
It is good, clean, an mid market. Jerry, what was the price?

  If we do not have a gathering place at each night how will one get the =
map for the next day?

  Cost. I expect that the cost of printing will exceed $5.00 per day to =
reproduce the daily written instructions and maps. I plan to have =
written instructions including where to stop for coffee, lunch, and =
snacks for the entire day.

  I also am planning that the day will include a Q & A rally (scavenger =
hunt) that starts in west LA and ends mid morning with the days route =
ending first at XK's Unlimited and then at the hotel in the afternoon. =
If you do not have a beginning and end each day how do you have route =
books?

  Ron de LA

    Huh?  I guess you all will have to 'splain it to
    me one more time... =20
    =20
    My understanding was that participants were responsible for
    making their own reservations -- based on our recommendations,
    who are we making reservations for?
    =20
    And what's the charity angle?  My understanding was that this=20
    is to be a grass-roots low impact fun tour.  Am I missing something?
    Can you give me a scenario for a charity tie-in, just to get me on =
the
    same wavelength?
    =20
    Jerry
    =20
    Jerry Mouton    '64 E Type FHC    "Laissez les bons temps rouler!"