[JONAT] JONAT 06

jonat@autox.team.net jonat@autox.team.net
Wed Dec 1 07:28:01 2004

Mark -

By way of introduction, since I haven't participated in previous
discussions, I was the ASC who laid out the Texas leg, and I escorted the
tour (one driver) from the border at Orange to Galveston,  Due to personal
commitments, I was unable to stay with the "tour" thru Houston and into
central Texas, and when Bill turned back to return to Florida, "Jay" and
the rest of the materials went via Fedex to Colorado.  My observation as I
read the subsequent reports was that other segments had some pretty low
levels of participation, too, although I don't recall anyone else falling
to the zero level we reached between Texas and Colorado.

Has anyone ever questioned a basic premise of the tour - that there are a
number of persons who can and want to take 2-3 months off and drive around
the  continent at an average cost of several hundred dollars a night?  I
suspect that there are not many who fall into this category, and this may
be a factor in the low turnout and general lack of interest from the local
clubs.

As an alternative, have you considered an event with a central meeting
point?  This could involve a number of convoys from all parts of N.
America, and no one would travel more than 1500 miles (3-4 days?).  If,
eventually, the meeting point coincided with a JCNA event, such as the
Championship Challenge, I'm sure it would be a lot easier to bring them on
board.
Dave Belanger - UTeC / Planning & Security / Coordination
Greenway Plaza 3 / Room 620A  (713) 431-4580

                      "Mark Stephenson"
                      <marks@jaguarot.com>           To:      jonat@autox.team.net
                      Sent by:                       cc:
                      jonat-admin@autox.tea          Subject: RE: [JONAT] JONAT 06
                      m.net

                      11/30/2004 11:38 PM
                      Please respond to
                      jonat

I think a discussion of the route and things like JCNA and sponsor
involvement would be appropriate. If JCNA is going to give us any kind of
official sanction, it will have to be presented at the Annual General
Meeting (AGM) the end of March.

I think if we can get JCNA behind us, local club participation will be a
lot
easier.

Just a side note, everyone had so much fun last year on the Rt. 66 Fun Run,
that I've been tapped to come up with a lead in to it this year.

Mark - AZ