[JONAT] JONAT 06

Bob jonat@autox.team.net
Wed Dec 1 22:19:02 2004

I would tend to agree with Victor.  As someone commented, we had great
participation from some sectors, and disappointments in others.

The central meeting point idea is one that was discussed during the very
early stages of JONAT'04 and indeed an idea that merits further discussion.

Someone also mention strengthened ties with JCNA, which I believe is a good
idea.  Also strengthening ties to Jaguar itself would I think be helpful.

As Fazal pointed out, planning should be starting shortly for '06 if we want
to improve on our '04 successes ...  and I am pleased to see that I think
this recent series of e-mails marks the transition from a debriefing of '04
and the start of planning of '06.

Where do we start? (the discussions I mean)

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: jonat-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:jonat-admin@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of Victor Krisel
Sent: December 1, 2004 2:24 PM
To: jonat@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [JONAT] JONAT 06

Dave wrote... "Has anyone ever questioned a basic premise of the tour - that
there are a
number of persons who can and want to take 2-3 months off and drive around
the  continent at an average cost of several hundred dollars a night?"

I do not think that anyone REALLY expected someone to take the whole tour
from start to finish. In the clarity of hindsight (20-20 vision etc.) there
is no doubt that changes would have to be made as the "success" of each
Sector varied widely.

There were some very good comments made by some of the SC's and ASC's after
the completion of their Sector legs as to what worked and what did not. For
a first attempt, it was a *qualified* success IMO, but there are aspects
that need to be revisited and changed using the lessons learned from the
2004 experience if another Tour is to be held in '06.

My suggestion is to review these comments and perhaps come up with a
proposal for discussion that would incorporate some of the recommendations.
Dave's idea of "an event with a central meeting point" is something that I
believe merits some serious consideration.

Victor Krisel
Toronto SC