[JONAT] Registration Test Page

Bob jonat@autox.team.net
Sat Feb 7 17:39:15 2004

Mark

[JONAT-chat] works just like [JONAT] does for the Sector Coordinators, but
it is for all participants. I call it a forum, but I'm not sure if that is
the correct terminology.

I have set up the new registration form (just testing at the moment) at
http://users.accesscomm.ca/engl/RegistrationForm/RegistrationForm.htm
to be very similar to that you suggest.  I just name the sector with a check
box beside it.  Would it be useful to show what sector is where ?  I do have
a box to put in the start City, as this may not correspond to the start of a
Sector.

Take a shot at filling in the form and let me know what you think.

Bob England
'69 E-Type & '72 XJ6
Jaguar Owner's North American Tour (JONAT)
Route Coordinator
http://www.jonat.org <http://www.jonat.org/>

-----Original Message-----
From: jonat-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:jonat-admin@autox.team.net]On
Behalf Of Mark Stephenson
Sent: February 7, 2004 5:09 PM
To: jonat@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [JONAT] Registration Test Page

I've never set up a forum before, so I have no idea how to do it, but if
you point me in the right direction, I could give it a shot. Is
jonat-chat a forum or a chat room. If it's a forum then that was what I
was looking for. I hate chat because I'm not the best typist, especially
when I'm under pressure to answer quickly.

Actually, if it's easy to set up, what I think would work best for the
sectors would be something like this:

Name <all on one line> Car    FL AL LA TX OK KA CO AZ SD LA SF OR WA VN BC
AB SK MB MN WI MC OH NY ON QU NE NY DC NC GA FL

Dick Hile        1974 E-type                     X  X  X  X  X  X
Mark Stephenson  1952 XK120                      X  X
Gary Singer      1950 XK120                      X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X X  X
X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X
Etc.

If you just have the start and end points, as a SC you'll have to go
through and figure out if the start and end pass through your sector. It
will be easy to miscount. It will be even more difficult for other
participants who don't know the route. Also, people who live in the SE
US might want to participate in a section at the beginning and a section
at the end.

So, perhaps the easiest way to set up the registration form would be to
list all the sectors and have people check off the ones they'll be
taking.

FL - Orlando to Pensacola, FL
AL - Pensacola, FL to Lafayette, LA
LA - Lafayette, LA to Houston, TX
TX - Houston, TX to Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
OK - Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX to Oklahoma City, OK
KA - Oklahoma City, OK to Garden City, KS (It is Garden City, Kansas,
right?)
CO - Garden City, KS to Mesa Verde NP, CO
AZ - Mesa Verde NP, CO to Lake Havasu City, AZ
SD - Lake Havasu City, AZ to Irvine, CA
LA - Irvine, CA to San Luis Obispo, CA
SF - San Luis Obispo, CA to Eureka, CA
OR - Eureka, CA to Longview, WA
WA - Longview, WA to Victoria, BC
VN - Victoria, BC to Vancouver, BC
BC - Vancouver, BC to Golden, BC
AB - Golden, BC to Cypress Hills, SK
SK - Cypress Hills, SK to Verden, MB
MB - Verden, MB to Fort Francis, ON
MN - Fort Francis, ON to Lake Delton, WI
WI - Lake Delton, WI to Chicago, IL
MC - Chicago, IL to Toledo, OH
OH - Toledo, OH to Niagra Falls, NY
NY - Niagra Falls, NY to Toronto, ON
ON - Toronto, ON to Montreal, QU
QU - Montreal, QU to Stowe, VT
NE - Stowe, VT to Boston, MA
NY - Boston, MA to Mahwah, NJ
DC - Mahwah, NJ to Richmond, VA
NC - Richmond, VA to Charlotte, NC
GA - Charlotte, NC to Savannah, GA
FL - Savannah, GA to Orlando, FL

There, I hope I saved you a bunch of typing. You'd probably want to add
the dates and have a check box in front of each line.

Does that look good?

Mark