[JONAT] That pesky $45 tour fee...

Jerry Mouton jonat@autox.team.net
Sun Feb 8 23:36:01 2004

Bob,

I think as low as possible is good -- and realistically, $50.00
is not too much -- $20.00 is much better -- if the entrant can
see the value.  So I think whatever the fee is, it should be
clearly explained and justified as to what it's being spent on.
Certainly the SCs should all feel good about the amount and
the reasons.

I feel that some kind of placard or badge to identify the cars --
for all participants, included in the fee -- is pretty much mandatory
if this is going to be a real event.  Beyond that -- what else is there?

Do you have an estimate for a placard?  There should be somebody
in one of the $$$ rallies who knows how much their placards cost,
and where they got them.  We should be careful to get something that
can easily and reliably attach to all the cars in the event.  E Types,
for one, don't have much to mount badges to without drilling -- and I
ain't drilling!  Magnetics are a problem for some restored cars,
and they don't work through high-build primer.  Not sure what, but
it needs to be good.  Static cling, or removable stickies...
Door placard possibly.  Other Rallies' participants have experience?

Any expenses you see beyond a placard?

Jerry

Jerry Mouton    '64 E Type FHC    "Laissez les bons temps rouler!"
      Jaguar Owner's North American Tour - http://jonat.org
      April 15, 2004 - July 4, 2004