[JONAT] Payment System NOT Ready

Fazal Cader jonat@autox.team.net
Tue Feb 17 04:50:02 2004

Mark,

Unless you are the Earl of Goodwood and you have your own circuit, every run
that every club does in most countries are on public roads. If a club levies
a fee to participate in a run, it is for a sound reason and usually to
defray costs associated with that run. If any club member of ours is
insensitive enough to try and join the run and participate in the planned
fellowship without paying, there's nothing to stop him/her doing that, he
just doesn't get access to any of the organised activities and if his/her
faux pas is repeated, that person will be quietly asked not to renew his/her
membership. I must say it has never, ever happened in our club and everyone
is excruciatingly careful to 'do the right thing'. Must be an Aussie thing,
I guess.

I doubt if anyone and least of all JONAT considers charging participants
just for the hell of it! In our case, our biggest expense so far (apart from
man-hours) has been the web site and we consider it fair that all
participants contribute towards the cost. Badges, caps, whatever are
incidental expenses but considered usual in any sort of organised event such
as JONAT. Of course we can dispense with them, and maybe we will, but that
will be our decision and it will be advised to everyone very shortly.

Lastly, I regret if the additional expenses that your members are projected
to incur makes them unable to pay the JONAT fee, whatever it finally is. (by
the way, you have asked them?) So, by all means let them drive on the public
roads and accompany those that did pay. They will just not be official JONAT
participants.

Fazal Cader
Executive Committee, ISC - Australia
Jaguar Owner's North American Tour - www.jonat.org