[JONAT] SFR Sector article -- web page

Fazal Cader jonat@autox.team.net
Tue Feb 17 23:52:01 2004

Hey! how did a chat between myself & Greg Andrachuk about driving a V12 S3
around USA become :-
"Back in 2003, some Jaguar owners in Canada started daydreaming about taking
a road trip to fettle a newly rebuilt E Type.  The daydreams kind of grew
and grew, until the trip became a tour around all of North America.  But
then they did something unusual -- they began to organize it

???

C'mon which Canadian paid you for the free PR? :-) . For the record, here is
an extract from the Gospel, Ch1 v1.
"
If the finger of blame must be pointed at someone, for inciting otherwise
controlled husbands and partners to even consider spending the price of the
promised holiday in the Bahamas on this crazy idea of driving their
favourite Jaguar around the USA and Canada, the finger must be pointed
at......... Greg Andrachuk!

Yes, his infectious adoration for the Series 3 V12 has infected many of us,
somewhat in the nature of the Melissa Virus, through the internet and
through his tall tales of the existence of snow-less parts of Canada with
good roads. In one of my (Fazal's) brief chats with him, toying with the
idea of buying one of his V12's and driving it South, was a throw-away line
to the effect of 'why stop? Lets keep driving!'Little did we know that this
would reverberate through the ether and extract other luna... sorry,
enthusiasts, with a similar inclination.

Otherwise, great article.

Cheers
Fazal

From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>