[JONAT] Questions

Bob jonat@autox.team.net
Thu Feb 26 08:22:01 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C3FC49.841C3880

Re: [JONAT] QuestionsVery well said Trey.  Bob

 -----Original Message-----
From: jonat-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:jonat-admin@autox.team.net]On
Behalf Of Jagboard Administrator
Sent: February 25, 2004 11:30 PM
To: jonat@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [JONAT] Questions

Great in theory but weak in reality.  I can speak as the administrator of a
much smaller website that caters to Jag enthusiasts that my last pledge
drive net about 7% of the cost to run the site.  I don’t minds so much but
it stands a proof that all donation drives aren’t as successful as the JL
drives.  Furthermore, I know several who have left JL because of their
donation drives. Those donating want to see accounting that shows their
donations aren’t for one person’s profit.

JONAT is poised to be very open about their accounting but is breaking these
costs down to a small fee on a “per entry” basis.  Seems quite reasonable,
really.  Most rally events require some entry fee as do ALL shows of which I
know.

The majority of the work involved in planning this is DONATED by us SC’s.
But there are real costs that need to be covered.  So we charge a fee.
Because we don’t have a given on a number of participants, that fee might
have to be a little higher.  But do not think of the price as buying a fancy
plate.  That is like considering the tithe you give to your church to be a
fee for a wafer of bread and a sip of wine.  Rather, consider it helping the
establishment to exist and continue to plan future events.  Supporting a
community, so to speak.

All this price bickering from the Northern front really has me concerned.
Furthermore, I am hearing a lot of talk about people merely driving within
their own sector, which leads me to think the overall goal is lost:  drive
through your sector to another and then some.  The idea that is was thought
up to have local clubs drive through their own area is silly.  The point is
to go elsewhere and connect with other enthusiasts.  Right?  If not, we are
wasting our time.

Trey