[JONAT] Participants Pack

Fazal Cader jonat@autox.team.net
Tue Jan 20 04:41:01 2004

I feel that there should be a JONAT pack for participants and local packs
for each sector. The EC to look after the former and the SCs the latter.

For JONAT, definitely a proper metal badge (like the examples we looked at
before Xmas, from the supplier who offered to fund the production and sell
them at US$20 each), map of the tour, a complete list of sector contacts,
pens, etc. Basically anything relevant to the overall trip plus any national
sponsorship items. The badge should be designed such that it can be mounted
either on a vehicle or on a wooden base for wall mounting. We should also
have an appropriately designed sun/weather resistant patch that can be
applied to, say, the windscreen over where the rear-view mirror mounts. This
would enable SC or 'route marshals' to identify at a glance the participants
of the rally. These could be numbered and listed for admin purposes so that
vehicles/drivers can be identified if necessary.Lastly, the packs should
only be issued to paid-up participants (naturally).

The Sector packs can be a simple or as complex as sponsorship & funding
permits. However, there should be core items such as a detailed map of the
sector with emergency contact numbers, food stops, etc. marked on it. Plus,
again, items that relate to sponsorship and the area being travelled
through.

Just some thoughts, so feel free to comment . :-)

Fazal Cader
Executive Committee, ISC - Australia
Jaguar Owner's North American Tour - www.jonat.org
April 15, 2004 - July 4, 2004