[JONAT] Minor correction on CO-AZ handoff.

Mark Stephenson jonat@autox.team.net
Sat Jan 31 00:00:01 2004

Bob and Robert,

As I understand it, the handoff between CO and AZ will take place at
lunchtime at Mesa Verde, after the tour of the cliff dwellings. This
would be Thursday 4/29. Robert, you have us going from Gunnison to Mesa
Verde 4/28. Were you planning an overnight somewhere near there?

>From there it's about a 230 mile drive to Page, AZ where we will be
spending the night. It's all on two-lanes out in the middle of nowhere,
so we should be into Page within 5 hours.

Friday 4/30: It's only about 140 miles to the Grand Canyon, where we'll
eat lunch, spend the afternoon, and eat an early dinner. Then it will be
a 60-mile twilight run to Williams where we bed down for the night.

Saturday 5/1: This will be an early morning if we want to meet the Rt.
66 Fun Runners (BTW, Bob, would you change the event on the itinerary to
"Route 66 Fun Run"? Thanks.) It's only about 40 miles on I-40 or we can
take a few stretches of old Rt. 66 that are still there. The rest of the
day is about 100 miles to Kingman, but it will take us quite a while
because there are places to stop all along the way. The small towns, the
old gas stations, the motels, soda fountains, all dressed up for the
occasion. You might even see places you remember from the old TV series.

Sunday 5/2: Kingman to Topock/Golden Shores is the last leg of the Fun
Run, but we'll continue on to Lake Havasu City where we'll see the
London Bridge. I think that's going to be about 150 miles, too. The next
morning, San Diego Hazel takes over.

Another minor note, Bob. You have old Rt. 66 highlighted on the sector
map, but your highlighting follows I-40 from Kingman west, but the green
line correctly follows Rt. 66 to Topock/Golden Shores.

Anyway, if Robert concurs, this is the final configuration of the AZ
Sector.

Mark - AZ