[JONAT] RE: Summary Request

Bob jonat@autox.team.net
Sat Jan 31 09:24:00 2004

Brad

Did not get around to your request early this week as I had hope, but better
late that never I suppose.

First I'll start with my role on the Executive Committee, then some of the
other items that might be of interest.

Route Coordinator (my job) - Makes sure we have a contiguous route from
Orlando to Orlando, that the days are not too long, and the Sector
Coordinators are coordinating their hand-off points.  This also includes
maintaining the itinerary.

Other stuff I am doing but hope to get someone else to do - I have also been
updating the website (except for the registration pages), getting SC's on
board and making sure they have a committee of at least 1 other in place,
putting together a bit of early PR (boy am I unqualified for this!) with
Hudson's feedback.  I have also been trying to get a few policies in place
so we all stand on common ground (see Controversies 101 to 103).  Lastly, If
have tried to keep the banter going on the lists so we don't loose focus.

I'll let Fazal and Jamie give you a rundown on their roles.

Concerns - my main concern relating to the Route Coordinator's role is
making sure all the SC's are in place in short order and that they are
comfortable with the schedule for their Sector.  It has been a real pain to
have SC's resign having not taken the time to get someone to fill their
shoes - that has caused me a tremendous amount of grief, time, and effort
(and why I keep bugging the SC's to get their committee together ASAP!).

My other concerns is that we have not heard from a few SC's in a while, and
this makes me a bit nervous.  I would encourage EVERYONE to provide feedback
to this mailing list every week or two so I know you are still out there.

Two important issues that need to be finalized soon by the EC relate to the
registration (and fees and collecting) as well as PR.  Perhaps Jamie/Fazal
can comment on these.

I think some of the other items in your I may have answered (or at least
provided an update on) in an earlier e-mail.  If not, let me know ...

Bob England