[JONAT] Re: Good Discussions...worth pursuing.

jonat@autox.team.net jonat@autox.team.net
Wed Jul 7 12:48:00 2004

Mark...your vision for publicity for the next JONAT sounds good.  Your
insight into the logical progression of media releases coupled with your excellent
writing ability gives me reason to believe you would be a prime candidate to be
such a person.  As a minimum, I would also suggest that a general press
release from "headquarters" would go out at least "quarterly" as the tour
progresses.  Part of the reason that I believe publicity is so important is that if you
want to get sponsors and provide them something of value for their
sponsorship -- that media publicity and sponsorship listing are both appropriate.

Victor...good point on the copyright issues.  I suspect we have enough IT
types on the team that they probably already know the rules about internet
publishing.  I was viewing it as simply scanning an article complete with its
references to the publisher, date published, author, etc.  You are probably correct
on the permissions required.  That might be worth pursuing to have a good
sampling available to website visitors who might like to review the articles in
order to make a decision to join the tour in 2006.  It might be of interest to
potential sponsors, as well.  I don't know whether the fact that the JONAT
website material is copyrighted is problematic for posting other articles?

I'm looking forward to a final report of the finish so I can raise a glass or
two....and am now heading to the website to see those pictures of a "changed"
Jay...international traveler, and mighty tired, I'm sure.  Time for a good
sleep...until the next trip!  Or maybe he'll send his sibling next time? (grin)

Christina Lilienthal
Oregon ASC
1978 XJV12L