[JONAT] JCNA ties

Bob jonat@autox.team.net
Sat Jul 10 11:16:02 2004

My own opinion on this is that it would be a great idea.  I know we had
feedback from a JCNA director early on the coordinating with JCNA would be
counterproductive, but I think that it is indeed worthwhile pursuing.  I am
not a JCNA member, so may not be the best one to comment, so are there other
comments out there?

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: jonat-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:jonat-admin@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of Mark Stephenson
Sent: July 9, 2004 10:00 PM
To: jonat@autox.team.net
Subject: [JONAT] JCNA ties

JCNA might go for this idea, too. They have lots of dealer connections
through clubs around the continent.

Between Dennis Eynon (a JCNA director who participated in our sector)
and I, we can carry this to the board of directors meeting and the AGM,
if you guys want to do it.

I'm sure JCNA will throw their support behind something that is being
run at a grassroots level, that won't involve a massive input of time by
the top brass, and that will bring attention to JCNA and the Jaguar
marque. We should probably determine what we think will work and present
a plan to them for the Fall BoD Meeting which is generally in October.
It would have to go before the AGM in the spring of 2005.

I'm willing to take suggestions and come up with a proposal that you can
all pick apart. :-)

Mark - AZ

<snip>

I envision a professionally made traveling exhibit, "The Amazing
Adventures
of Jay Jaguar."
It would consist of a couple panels covered with photos of Our Mascot in
his travels, plus an equal number of photos of the other participants
and their
cars having fun on the tour.   Jay, with his souvenirs, would travel
with the
exhibit.   All would fit on a standard banquet table (say, three feet by
six).

The exhibit would be shown a week at a time at selected Jaguar dealers
and auto shows.

It could be good publicity for both the 2006 Tour and our favorite car
manufacturer.   It would spread our message, promote the next tour, and
give Jaguar
USA and 100 lucky dealers an interesting showroom draw.

Cost would have to be borne by Jaguar, which would mean a selling job,
but considering what a single TV ad goes for, it would be peanuts.

Robert MacLeay
Colorado Sector Coordinator