[JONAT] Status Quo

Dr Gregory Andrachuk jonat@autox.team.net
Tue Mar 2 18:17:02 2004

Trey:
    Bravo. You echo my sentiments exactly. Are we doing this? Is everything
finalised? Can we please have a definite and definitve answer so that we can
encourage people to sign up?

                                        Gregory

---- Original Message -----
From: "Trey McCay" <tmccay@automatikdesign.com>
To: <jonat@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2004 7:19 PM
Subject: [JONAT] Status Quo

: Guys (and gals):
: I'm very concerned about this tour.
:
: We are still bitching about finances, memorabilia and logistics on how to
: know whom to expect in any given sector--albeit, progress has been made
and
: cheers to Bob and Greg for sorting through all of this.
:
: But I have to admit that I have been reticent to forward press releases
: and/or go on local television to advertise this thing with so many
: loopholes.  In fact, I still am.
:
: I volunteered to do this assuming these logistics were worked out for the
: most part.  What I cannot endure is making an arse of myself in the local
: community if we are to only have 1 or 2 REAL rally-ists and expect the
: majority to be local drivers of Jags (or other cars, perhaps of British
make
: in the rear).
:
: Now, I'm not saying I quit or anything--I'll do as I have promised.  But
all
: these details need to be worked out before I go sending people to Mobile,
AL
: and to Orange, TX for naught (a damn big sector, I should add--and you
: haven't heard me asking for "more days"--especially since several SCs said
: that meet-and-greets were a waste of time).
:
: Here is the question I really want to know/idea I want to pose:  this is
: supposed to be a round trip cross-country drive.  Is ANYONE prepared to
: attempt the entire run? How many?  Who?
:
: This will sell the tour.  Local involvement only will be a waste of time
as
: that sort of stuff is done all the time here (well, every two weeks or
so).
:
: Sorry if I'm feeling pessimistic but I have to get this off my chest.
:
: Trey
:
: JAGUAR OWNER'S NORTH AMERICAN TOUR mailing list
: REPLY TO : JONAT@autox.team.net
: www.jonat.org