[JONAT] Fw: J06

Mark Stephenson jonat@autox.team.net
Wed Mar 30 23:41:02 2005

This is probably a minor point on which to disagree, but I liked the idea of
the mascot making it 12,000 miles around the country, passing from one group
to the next. You won't be able to do that with a hub or hubs and spokes.
Another thing I'm pushing is the idea of clubs having other JCNA sanctioned
events as the tour rolls through.

As I mentioned in the proposal, if a club could have their concours coincide
with the tour, they'd gain the participation (if only in display) of an
extra ten or more (hopefully) cars. It would make for a relaxing day for the
participants, too. If a club wanted to make part of the route a sanctioned
rally, that would be an interesting change of pace.

Of course none of this affects the proposal, so we can tinker with the ideas
after this weekend.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: jonat-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:jonat-admin@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of Jerry Mouton
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 7:15 PM
To: jonat@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [JONAT] Fw: J06

You know, maybe it's not so different.  Last time, people drove their own
sector and some drove one more.  Nobody went the whole circle.

If Dearborn is the target, I could see several concurrent legs, each
consisting of several sectors, but heading in the general direction of
Dearborn or wherever.  Suppose one leg starts at Jaguar Central in LA, then
goes to Columbia in the Gold Country.
Then the SF sector starts and proceeds up to Lake Tahoe or so.  There, the
Nevada sector takes over, and so on to Dearborn.  LA and SF folks would
mostly do their own sectors, and drop off at some point to return home. The
feel would be the same, but the direction would be different, and we'd have
the opportunity to try completely different routes and areas.  I think it
would retain much of the same feel as before, and those wanting to go far
would have a much shorter trip and time commitment.

Jerry

Jerry Mouton    '64 E Type FHC    "Laissez les bons temps rouler!"