[Kcup] FOT website

John Frymark jfrymark at aol.com
Thu Dec 16 13:27:43 MST 2010

OK...forgot about attachments getting stripped. Geez!

PRESS RELEASE

Los Angeles – (Sports Wire)- The Friends of Triumph (FOT) have
announced the 9th running of the Kastner Cup for Triumph-powered race
cars. The 2011 event will be held June 7-8 at historic Mazda Raceway
Laguna Seca near Monterey, California. Officially called the
International Triumph Challenge, featuring the Ninth Annual Kastner
Cup, the event will be run in conjunction with the Historic  Motor
Sports Association (www.hmsausa.com) bringing together world class
vintage and historic race cars for two days of racing at the famed
California circuit.

2011 also marks the 59th anniversary of the debut of the Triumph TR2
sports car, and Triumph sports cars went on to set speed records,
score international rally wins,  and compete successfully in road
racing around the globe. Coventry, England factory “works” cars
competed for many years at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, winning the Team
Prize in 1961. In America, “works-USA” cars had great success under
the leadership of Kas Kastner, dominating their class at the 1963
Sebring 12 Hours race, and winning SCCA championships. Though many
years out of production, Triumph cars continue to race in SCCA with
success, including the 2009 E Production National Championship won by
a TR6 driven by Sam Halkias.

For more on the Friends of Triumph visit www.fot-racing.com