[Kcup] Aussie Container?

Casey Annis editor at vintageracecar.com
Sun Nov 28 14:59:35 MST 2010

Hi Guys,
	I'm still in AUS, but can tell you that the Triumph guys here were
pretty fired up about the Challenge idea. They think that they could
likely get a container of cars (6 cars) depending on the arrangements
and costs. Typically they've been able to bring containers of cars
down here and organize a package deal where a driver gets their entry,
car transport etc for about $1500. They think that something like that
would work. The harder part is getting their cars/container from the
port of entry to the track(s) and back. They'd want to do Laguna, but
probably also Buttonwillow and the Sonoma Historics. Anyway, we can
discuss when I get back home, but they are keen to do it, if it can
all work out.
	On the sponsorship front, I'm afraid that both of the insurance
companies that I thought would bite are cutting back by about 25% this
year, so they no longer are looking like good prospects. I'll put my
thinking helmet on, but there's a lot of mixed signals out there in
the automotive corporate world right now, so I'm not entirely sure if
things are looking up or more grim for the coming year.
	Keep me in your thoughts on Tuesday, as I think I'm flying back home
on one of the first flights of the Airbus A380 since the engines fell
off!
All the best
Casey
________________________