[Kcup] Notes from Meeting 1/28

John Frymark jfrymark at aol.com
Sun Jan 30 13:21:09 MST 2011

Here are my notes from our meeting to be contributed to yours for a
complete recap:

Attendees: Casey Annis, Mordy Dunst, Paul Smock, John Nikas, John
Frymark, and Cris Vandagriff (President HMSA)

John Nikas states that there will be 3 video projects involved
including Car Crazy, HD Theater, and Autoeffigy (?) conducting a pre-
event interview of Kas

Event entry forms are now available and Mordy will get on the FOT
website with a cover letter (Cris to review all correspondence prior
to release)

FOT will have a separate run group. There will be 2 sessions each day
(AM/PM) of approximately 30 minutes.

We must have 15 committed entries minimum.

There will be a 40 car entry limit due to restrictions of SCRAMP at
this time. Entries will be on first come basis.

HMSA will award top 3 finishers of FOT group race with trophy (not Kas
Cup). Steve Belfer to get graphics to Cris for the awards.

Lunch is provided both days by HMSA (2 per entry). A Monday night
cocktail reception is also provided by HMSA.

Overnighting in paddock is permitted. Track entry will be allowed on
Monday at 5:30 PM and paddock must be cleared on Wednesday by 5:30 PM.
Camping on Wednesday night can be arranged off track via Monterrey
County Parks at 1-888-588-2267.

Cris encourages FOT to establish our own paddock space and self
marshall. Space should be prominent and near garages. Cris will supply
a paddock map asap. (Mordy should include entrants space requirements
for paddock and if overnighting at track in cover letter.)

Cris says we can rent the Red Bull Energy area for a FOT event at
track.   We discussed the idea of a Tuesday night dinner featuring FOT
VIP speakers supported by dinner ticket sales. Mordy will contact Kas
to discuss this. Cris will provide John F with the contact person and
his catering contact to develop a pro forma budget. We also need to
gauge entrants interest in this when we have a cost developed.

John Nikas will speak with Joe Alexander about the other VIPs he has
listed.

John F reports that we have only 8 reservations at Embassy Suites.

Car/Entrant Eligibility:
Entrants should have VMC recognized license and medical.

FOT will be responsible for eligibility and Tech for "our" entries.
(Those wishing to run in HMSA group also must tech with HMSA. Their
rules and regulations are on HMSA website)

Basic requirements: S2005 Helmet*, < 5 year belts, on board fire
extinquisher (Note * is variance from VARA regs.)
Strongly recommended: Fuel cell, roll bar
Not required: HANS

Timing and Scoring: AMB transponder, if any required.

John Nikas to approach John Ireland to be TECH at track. We will look
for compliance with entrants "home club". (I suggest we use VARA as
default car rules and regs as they are readily available and inclusive)

John Nikas reports that ( ) will provide trackside support.

Sponsorships per John Nikas presently from BMW ($500) and Rimmer
(1000BP). Mordy will establish banking account for handling/clearing
funds related to 2011 event. John F to assist.

Casey will donate 1 page of advertising in April or May issue for us
to resell to raise funds. Mordy will approach Gale Banks and/or HMSA.

John Nikas will ask Tim Studdard for similar donation.

Cris thinks Wine Country entries are closed.

VARA offered a reduced price Sunday only entry for FOT towing out for
Kas Cup. John Nikas to finalize how to publish this.

Re: Australian racer interest, Cris will give his contact for
international shipping/customs arrangements to John Nikas.