[Kcup] KAS INVITATION and ELVF/FOT Planning

Joe Alexander n197tr4 at cs.com
Thu Mar 7 09:16:23 MST 2013

John, Mike,

It would be good form by VSCDA to write letter to Kas with invitation to be 'HONORED GUEST'. It should include VSCDA expectations and expenses covered for Kas and Peg.  I think we overlooked getting this done early on.

I have heard about:

TRAVEL EXPENSE ALLOWANCE
OSTHOFF ONE BEDROOM SUITE
GOLF CAR (WITH DRIVER AS NEEDED)
OTHER?

Kas is willing to do award presentations as required and speak at the VSCDA banquet. He prefers Q & A format and can be quite entertaining. He will be on hand for the OLD COURSE RE-ENACTMENT. Other?

For FOT purposes, coming to a decision on the proposed shared HOSPITALITY TENT, would allow us to proceed on our paddock planning.

Several publications and groups are standing by for more detailed information. We could use information on: 1.  VSCDA PACKAGE DEAL.  2. TOURING ON FRIDAY. 3. TWO WEEKEND PASSES for selected cars at the GATHERING ON THE GREEN.

There are a lot of items in the works that are mutually beneficially to the FOT and VSCDA, but I am a bit stalled without something in writing. Entries appear to be strong, we have some very interesting invited guests, and the British Car Clubs are making plans to swarm through the gates.

I have not checked with OSTHOFF recently, but I know we have well exceeded our original FOT contract with them. And more reservations are expected, unless they cut us off.

We've seen this kind of interest before. After all, there are more folks that identify with old TRIUMPHS than FERRARIS. We just need to let them know about it. BTW, if there is no objection, we may have a bagpipe screeching about the paddock and the Gathering on the Green. Yes, a bagpiper in kilts. He has performed internationally.

Best Regards,

Joe Alexander
A. R. E.
645 1st Street