[Kcup] SVRA. Mid-Ohio

Shawn Frank my71spit13 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 3 13:47:54 MDT 2019

A Mid Ohio mid day race may alleviate any misunderstanding like we had at Buttonwillow. I have heard about the conversation in scoring and timing just before they called the race. Kas had said that it was the worst race in KCup history due to the early checkered, which was completely disheartening to me to hear that from him.
He said that he personally heard them say "It will take at least 15 minutes to get them running again. I'm tired, let's just call the race." He also told me not to quote him on the subject. The early race ending made me mad a little, as they took NO consideration in the fact that some came from Canada and all around the US. They didn't come for a 6 lap race. Maybe they were under the assumption  that everyone was local? Also, I was shorted the opportunity to take at least another 1000 photos. I had plans to mix up my shooting style a little. Good thing I waited on that and got good shots first. Regardless, it was a disappointment for all.
A mid day Mid Ohio race would definitely avoid another situation like that, although the fault was whomever was in charge of scoring and timing and NOT VARA...

Shawn Frank
The Vintage Triumph Magazine - Editor
North American Triumphs (FKA Spitfire & GT6 Magazine) - Owner
Des Moines Concours d'Elegance - Recruiting Chair
Continued Legacy Photo - Owner
Iowa British Car Club
FOT/VTR#94692/NASS#746
Drive Away Cancer Iowa - Driver
515-339-4228

'71 Triumph Spitfire MKIV "Gertrude"
'72 Triumph GT6 MK3
'65 Triumph TR4A "Johnny"

  On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 10:30 AM, Joe Alexander<joealexandervintage at gmail.com> wrote:   KCup Committee,
We usually have the Kastner Cup at the end of the day on Saturday.
SVRA schedules it SATURDAY AFTER LUNCH.

My preference is not to disrupt the format that SVRA has laid out. In fact, Saturday after lunch may have its advantages.
More likely to be on schedule.More spectators on hand.Less rush to get to dinner or out of the track.Ad nauseum.
It won’t be so rushed for some of us, when we determine the outcomes.
I like it.
I’d still like to get a copy of the weekend schedule, for reference. Anyone have a copy?
Thanks, Rick Parent.

Joe Alexander4505 Donald DrCedar Falls, IA 50613The-vintage-racer.comGasketinnovations.comCell:  319.464.4711