[Land-speed] Dumb MS car class question

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Wed Jul 21 14:53:13 MDT 2010

Just sitting here in Pahrump, slowly melting away, and thinking about
possible future updates to the Sunbeam.  The sunbeams were available
with an optional and removeable hard top.   So, I am wondering how that
plays into the modified sports class. And then how in the heck would you
attach one so that it meets tech safety needs for easy entry and egress
and other safety considerations.   Could such a top be chopped without
violating a rule for the car body or other little known condition?

Now before anbody goes beserk (tiger owners, rules makers, inspectors,
etc), this is only a topic for discussion. I do not have a hard top, nor
do I know where I could get one that could be "chopped".  Or anything
else. Just for fun thnking right now.

But I am interested in thoughts about how th eheck one could attach a
removeable top such that it could be opened for entry and egress easily.
I have no clue as to how to even approach that.

Thoughts? Comments? Madness?

mayf