[Land-speed] Bloodhound

John Burk joyseydevil at comcast.net
Fri Jul 23 14:18:51 MDT 2010

The goal was a traction and stability advantage . Mid engine , front wheel
drive helps only stability but front engine gives both . The true ac is 7"
behind the cg and the wings keep the rear wheels on the ground . The engine
is tilted 30 deg to not block the drivers vision . On paper the wings have
9# drag for 300# down force . The Doug Nash 5 spd is ahead of the inverted
12 bolt drop out . The driveline goes under the spool  back to the v-drive
and foreword to the pinion .
John Burk