[Lotus-cars] [Chapman-era] Ron Hickman has died.

Lotus Europa lotus_mk7 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 12:41:46 MST 2011

I met Ron at Log 14 (Elite Reunion). I was fortunate to win 2nd in class for
my Europa. The plaques were incredibly nice and most of the special guests
were gracious enough to sign the back of mine. Ron's name is there along with
jay chamberlain, graham arnold, Patrick peal, Peter Cambridge and 8 others
like Bill Allen and Warren King.  Chatting with Ron and several others in the
evening in the parking lot after dinner was awesome. That time and the plaque
-- well they are some of my treasured Lotus memories. We will miss Ron.

David Young

71 Europa S2
65 Seven  S2

Sent from my iPod

On Feb 18, 2011, at 12:14 AM, Rod Bean <rodbean at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Thanks Phil.  Very sad.  78 isn't all that old.... or at least that's what
I'll say when I turn 70 this year.  Ron Hickman has left a wonderful legacy.
Not only has he provided us Elan enthusiasts with untold hours of pleasure
even as he became better known among do-it-yourself-ers for the Workmate,
apparently, he was a great pleasure to talk ... er.. listen to among those who
were lucky enough to meet him.

> I think it's time for a memorial tour in the Elan.  I'll find some nice
roads, drive around and think about how fortunate it was for us that Ron
existed.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/chapman-era/rodbean@earthlink.net