[Marcos] List changes

Richard Porter ricp at minijem.plus.com
Mon Aug 3 03:28:51 MDT 2009

Hi Mark,

On 3 Aug 2009 Mark J. Bradakis wrote:

> In case you are wondering about that odd email welcoming you to a list
> you already receive, I've switched marcos at autox.team.net from
> majordomo to mailman list management software.   Some things will be
> different, some will be the same.  As before, if you want to send mail
> to marcos at autox.team.net you send mail to marcos at autox.team.net
> - you'd be surprised at how many folks can NOT figure that one out!
> Of course, it is pretty rare for anyone to send mail to this list, so
> it goes.

Thank you for the information. I guessed that is what had happened. I
found this message on the archive. I am familiar with Mailman as i run
a number of lists for club and committee purposes using it.

I requested the Marcos list quite a long time ago when I was at
Nortel. Despite numerous attempts to contact you I was never able to
get the necessary access to edit the list description or carry out any
other administrative operations. Even when John Bullas contacted you
on my behalf I heard nothing. Consequently I haven't been promoting
the list, and there is now an alternative mainly Can-Am oriented list,
Marcos Maniacs, as well as web forums.

Please can you send me the admin password for the list. It would be
good to revive the Marcos list as a mainly "offshore" (in US terms)
i.e. worldwide list. If you're not prepared to do that then it might
as well be shut down, but let me know first so I can send a
valedictory message.

Regards,
--
Richard Porter           M I N I   M A R C O S   O W N E R S   C L U B
Webmaster/Archivist      MINI JEM * KINGFISHER  SPRINT * MINI SPECIALS