[Mg-mmm] Water in the sump

TATERRY at aol.com TATERRY at aol.com
Fri Apr 17 11:39:00 MDT 2009

Folks, I sent out this plea to a couple of N type owners, but I thought I
try the list to see if there is more suggestions....one is that its the water
pump seal that is leaking....I will investigate, but what would you suggest
as a way forward?

I decided to roll out the NA this morning to see if it still runs....before
I started it up, I decided to check the oil and water...oil started oouzing
up out of the dip stick hole....thats odd, I thought!  Then check the
water, all gone.....so with my sucker thing that I use to change oil on the boat,
I pullled a good 5 quarts of water out of the sump.  Then did the sucker
thing on the spark plug holes....nothing there.  So the question is, how did
the water get into the sump?

Ideas?  Has the old block cracked again and if so, how do you check for
that??    What else should I check before pulling the head?

Terry

<BR><BR>**************<BR>Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the
web. Get the Radio Toolbar!
(http://toolbar.aol.com/aolradio/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000003)</HTML>