[Mg-mmm] J2 Fume seal

Jorolibb at aol.com Jorolibb at aol.com
Fri Jan 2 16:38:07 MST 2009

In a message dated 1/2/2009 1:48:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
i.thomson at talk21.com writes:

Hi All.  To help me get going again on a stalled restoration has anyone out
there got a diagram for the metal plate which attaches to the gearbox
bellhousing below the firewall.  I believe that there was a diagram of it it
was in Octagon Heaven 104.  If anyone has a copy of this I would appreciate it
if you could please copy it to me as an email attachment.

Regards
Ian Thomson

Ian,

I used the dimensions from diagram in Octagon Heaven and found it was close
but not quite correct. I have made a drawing based on two original pieces I
have and had them waterjet cut where I worked at the time. While not perfect
regarding the hole pattern a bit of work with a round file and it becomes
perfectly acceptable. Also due to the nature of castings some additional file work may
be required where it fits around the bell housing. I tried to make it a close
fit for my housing but couldn't guarantee it will fit first try. I also left
a bit of extra material around the bottom and for the "ears" that get bent, to
allow for a bit of trimming to achieve that "perfect" fit.

My drawing is in AutoCAD but I could print it, scan it and email it to you. I
actually made an extra one while I was making mine, just in case something
went wrong with the one. Are you in the US?

I will be out of town tomorrow so it will be Sunday before I can get this
done.

Best regards,

John Libbert
Milford, OH