[Mg-mmm] custom duty on vintage car parts

Lew Palmer lpalmer at roundaboutmanor.com
Fri Jan 9 07:51:57 MST 2009

I have tried many times to get UPS to correct their duty practices - it's
futile. They seem to just make up numbers. Once I ordered a water manifold
for the PB. UPS invoiced me duty for a quantity of 276 manifolds.

My solution is to request that vendors NOT ship to me via UPS and use Royal
Air Mail instead. It sometimes is even faster than UPS and I have never been
charged duty.

Cheers,
Lew Palmer