[Mg-mmm] Interior For J2 Info Needed

Jorolibb at aol.com Jorolibb at aol.com
Wed Jan 28 06:13:42 MST 2009

In a message dated 1/21/2009 6:52:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lpalmer at roundaboutmanor.com writes:

What Chris said, but a couple of clarifications:

1) The pockets on my J2 are as close as possible to the original. Mine were
taken from both the pattern in the George Jarrard book and some in the UK.
(I restored the J2 while in England). The MG octagon rubber pattern pieces
are set BEHIND trim vinyl which is glued to the inner metal skin of the
door. Quite a job to form the vinyl and still maintain the logo pattern.
Takes some good upholstery glue and a spoon to press the vinyl into the logo
pattern rubber.

2) The early J2s didn't, to the best of my knowledge, use the tach reduction
box, so Gary if you look at mine, you'll see how I routed the tach cable.

3) From the cars I've seen, the carpets are flat to the floor and trimmed in
matching vinyl. Rubber pad sewn in by the driver's heel.

I have sample pieces of leather and vinyl supplied by Mike Collingburn in
all of the standard Triple-M colors, so if anyone locally (Gary) wants to
borrow them to match you're welcome to do so.

Cheers,
Lew Palmer

Lew,

For further clarrification, I would imagine the propshaft tunnel is also
covered in carpet and is the carpet the same color as the interior or black? Any
carpet anywhere behind the seat such as the vertical wood panel that the prop
shaft cover attaches to?

Thanks,

John Libbert
Milford, OH