[Mg-mmm] quick question on rear dif

DB35PA at aol.com DB35PA at aol.com
Fri Jan 30 13:39:13 MST 2009

I've been warned by several, not to over-fill the rear dif of my PA. I
question the dip stick as it appears to have been "home made" and I'm not sure  it
is correct.

Using my Wakefield Lubrication Wall Chart... it says CASTROL Swanshot(?)
Gear oil... "One and a half pints of oil will be required for complete
replenishment after draining".
Is this my answer, or is it part of the problem?

In cups, Ozs., pints or some unit of measure, starting from a completely
drained unit... how much is enough... but not too much?

Thanks
Don B.
steps!
cemailfooterNO62)