[Mg-t] Project TDs

Mike Eldred redscirocco at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 2 10:48:08 MDT 2008

I don't really care for restored cars, myself.  I like roadworthy cars with
"patina."  (Handy, when you're also a cheap SOB.)
Like anyone, I'd like to have a TD at a bargain-basement giveaway price that
only needs relatively minor work to be roadworthy, but I don't care if it has
a home paint job, a blanket seat-cushion cover, electrical gremlins, missing
door panels, or 30 year-old orange shag carpeting.Of course, typically the
beaters are overpriced, as the owners only see the potential of their cars,
not the hundreds of hours of work and thousands of dollars in parts that it
will take to realize the potential.  (Not suggesting that of you, of course.)
There was actually someone local selling an old VW-based TD replica in poor
shape for $5,600 a couple of years ago.  Gasp.

I'm glad someone is willing to take on the task of saving these cars, though.

-Mike Eldred
'54 TF
Wilmington, VT.> Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 16:37:04 -0400> From:
mgcharlie at comcast.net> To: mg-t at autox.team.net> Subject: [Mg-t] Project TDs> >
I have a line on a couple of TD project cars that haven't been on the > road
since 1964 and stored inside a nice garage.> I plan to buy them, check them
out, clean them up a bit and resell them.> Is there any interest in something
like this or does everyone look for > already restored cars?> Charlie Baldwin>
Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html> > Mg-t at autox.team.net>
http://www.team.net/archive