[Mg-t] TD front shock removal

Bob Grunau grunau.garage at sympatico.ca
Thu Jul 10 12:28:09 MDT 2008

There is no problem removing the Girling ( or Armstrong ) front shocks on a
TD . There is no need to remove fenders etc. BUT, please be careful as the
coil spring can come out with a LOT of force if you don't remove the shock
properly. Make sure you support the car on the underside of the wishbones so
the coil spring is still compressed when the shock is removed.  Now there
should be no load on the upper shock pivot bolt. The car will still be
supported by the spring.

Also support the brake drum so as not to strain the flexible brake hose
after the kingpin is free.
Bob Grunau