[Mg-t] A wrecked MGB

Andrew Moyce drmoyce at ent-oakland.com
Sat Mar 8 10:23:22 MST 2008

I'd love to be talked out of this, but here is the evidence I found.

Front bumper sheared off both frame attachments
Large front nut holding wishbone swivel on the right is flattened and scuffed
Remarkably intact front end, including sway bar, a-arms, steering arms,
kingpins, etc., with no evidence of twisting or displacement.
Right front wheel jammed against rear of fender and fender resting on top of
front shock.
A gap at the bottom of the radiator between the rubber air dam and back of the
radiator, about an inch an a half wide on the right, no gap on left. (air dam
is bolted in place)
The right front engine mount is sheared off . . . still in contact, but the
front edge of the frame (rubber) side of the mount just meets the back edge of
the motor side.
The front of the rt front fender is buckled but the gap in front of the door
is maintained and the door works fine.

It looks to me that the wishbone swivel and its attachment to the cross member
took full impact, which must have buckled the body.  The car isn't on a lift,
but crawling under it I suspect the buckle is just lateral to the starter
where the "frame" runs upward at a 60 degree angle just in front of the
firewall.

Andy