[Mg-t] Blinkers & Shaved Heads

gunnellj at athenet.net gunnellj at athenet.net
Thu Apr 23 23:52:24 MDT 2009

HELLO

   Thaks for all the advice on the blinkers. We put in a new brake light switch and a new flasher and cleaned up all the contacts on the relay. Then I (finally) replaced the Lucar vacuum switch with a simple toggle switch. Not original, but should work better and last longer.  I had well over $200 in getting the Lucas switches "fixed" and they never last long after the repair. I had also bought a new one and it didn't work at all. So I will toggle my way to happiness from now on.

   As for the head, I got a lot of good input with ideas from shims to shortening the push rods to using thick gaskets, but my basic question never really was answered.

If the factory head measurement is 3.022 (according to Moss) and my head measues 3.000, do I really have to worry?

John Gunnell