[Mg-t] Questionable Starter

Bud Krueger budkrueger at comcast.net
Mon Aug 17 17:37:33 MDT 2009

Stu, it sounds as if the one item you need to check before you take the
starter to be tested is the switch.  Take a heavy jumper cable and
connect it directly between the ungrounded battery terminal and the
starter terminal.  Be prepared for a bunch of thunder and lightning.  If
that makes it spin over as it should, there's one more component to
eliminate, the cable between the switch and the starter.  Connecting the
jumper between the battery and the terminal on the starter switch should
give you the same effect if it's the switch.  Good luck.

Bud Krueger